• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

yellowkat

Beach Comber
Feb 24, 2005
southern ohio
Hello everyone, I just found this wonderful site and I am having lots of fun reading, looking at fabulous photos and dreaming of the SoWal beaches. My husband and I are planning our vacation and we were thinking of visiting in the first part of May. This will be our first visit.
How about the water temperature? Warm enough to swim? We want to rent a small house on the gulf or at least a gulf view. We like a quiet area and enjoy night time strolls on the beach etc. Sunsets of course are a must. Any suggestions? All the areas look wonderful but are there any particular areas thatyou feel like will suit us best?
I can't wait to hear some of your wonderful suggestions. Thanks Kat

yellowkat said:
Hello everyone, I just found this wonderful site and I am having lots of fun reading, looking at fabulous photos and dreaming of the SoWal beaches. My husband and I are planning our vacation and we were thinking of visiting in the first part of May. This will be our first visit.
How about the water temperature? Warm enough to swim? We want to rent a small house on the gulf or at least a gulf view. We like a quiet area and enjoy night time strolls on the beach etc. Sunsets of course are a must. Any suggestions? All the areas look wonderful but are there any particular areas thatyou feel like will suit us best?

I'd say get a map of 30A out, start a Blue Mountain Beach and stop at Rosemary Beach.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
yellowkat said:

Glad you are enjoying. :welcome:

For an Ohio kat the water should be nice. For us wimps around here May is the first month the water is warm enough to swim and really enjoy. May is a great month to visit. Any place on Scenic 30-A will fit your bill. Seagrove Beach and Seaside are the most crowded but not too bad themselves. You would enjoy Grayton I'll bet.

On 30-A there are a lot of nice gulf front condos that will be 1/2 the price of gulf front homes. Check out this page:
http://www.sowal.com/rentals.html

And events:
http://www.sowal.com/events.html

Last edited:

yellowkat

Beach Comber
Feb 24, 2005
southern ohio
Thanks for getting back to me.
Would we be better off waiting until June. I know places will be more crowded. We are very flexible on the month to visit.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
yellowkat said:
Thanks for getting back to me.
Would we be better off waiting until June. I know places will be more crowded. We are very flexible on the month to visit.

no, no. no. May is by far the number one month in which to be here. October is a close second.

yellowkat

Beach Comber
Feb 24, 2005
southern ohio
Hey guys what about the quiet areas. Any suggestions? All the areas I have looked at seem great we just don't like a lot of crowds. We love people but would like some room to breathe.
And I was also wondering about the beach access areas after the hurricanes. Are there areas that have not been repaired? I was really leaning toward Seagrove area. Thanks again. Kat

Last edited:
yellowkat said:
Hey guys what about the quiet areas. Any suggestions? All the areas I have looked at seem great we just don't like a lot of crowds. We love people but would like some room to breathe.

Just about anywhere on 30A in May won't be very crowded. Grayton Beach, Seagrove Beach, Seacrest Beach Rosemary Beach. I doubt even Seaside would be crowded in May but I would wait to see what Kurt and SmilinJOe say about that. :cool: