• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Looking for a great volunteer opportunity that will help a most worthy organization and warm your heart at the same time? Alaqua Animal Refuge needs the support of our community, and you can help.

Read more...

We'd love to hear what you think...you can comment here or on the story page. Feel free to share on your site, blog, facebook, or any other site.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
I've been a volunteer dog walker for about 6 months now. It is incredibly rewarding. I've met so many wonderful fellow dog walkers and the dogs are always so happy to see you. I've seen so many positive adoption stories and it's so heartwarming every time I see one of my favorite animals get their forever home. The changes I've seen in some of the animals that Alaqua takes in is just amazing. I've seen so many dogs go from being very afraid of people to becoming loving and loved dogs that adore people. Alaqua is in a beautiful setting with all types of animals. The work they do there impresses me so much. Come out and volunteer, you won't regret it!