• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
Singer-songwriter Marc Harris has been seen performing at area venues such as The Red Bar, The Sea Bar, Pandora’s, Cerulean’s, Seaside and special events such as the Seeing Red Wine Festival last week.
Harris now wants to be one of four people to perform on “Good Morning America” Nov. 29. The four performers will be the winners of the online contest, “You Tube Underground” on www.You-Tube.com, which will be chosen by popular vote. Two of Harris’s videos are among the 2,264 submissions. One of them, “Calm Before the Storm,” was shot in the Seaside Amphitheater and the other was shot in Nashville. The songwriter hopes to win best song or best performance video.
Harris said he had just recently gotten into YouTube as an outlet for promoting his music via the Internet when he discovered the contest.
Harris writes his own material, along with an occasional co-writer. His one CD, “Here and Now,” was recorded in Point Washington.
“This (South Walton) area is good to artists,” he said. “It allows people to find themselves.”
After five years of living in South Walton, however, Harris moved to Birmingham last year to place him closer to Nashville. Nevertheless, he said South Walton remains his home away from home and he will be returning for performances.
Votes are accepted through Nov. 17 through his Web site at www.marcharris. com or at www.YouTube.com. Direct links to Harris’s videos are:

• “All The Time In The World” (live video Nashville 10/12/2006)

http://www.youtube.com/contest/youtubeunderground ?v=Y0c2t15sVLY&from=watch

• “Calm Before The Storm” (live video Seaside summer 2004)

http://www.youtube.com/contest/youtubeunderground ?v=vh7WQ4Yj9aU&from=watch

Last edited:

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
I can't figure out how to vote for him!!! HELP!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Marc is in Charleston right now and I know he would enjoy seeing this thread and your comments. You can watch him perform by clicking on the youtube link in SoWal Sally's post. Please help our friend, formerly from SoWal, get to see Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America.:dunno:

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Can I just say that I loooove Marc Harris. I am dying to see him when I'm around over the holidays.

I once left an Elvis bowling pin on his front door step. He added it to his collection We are very very close.:clap_1:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Hey! He's pretty dang good!!:clap_1: Just voted.