• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Beware of Wal-Mart. High crime scene.

DESTIN - A man was arrested after inhaling 28 cans of whipped cream at Destin Wal-Mart. The 33-year-old man was observed by a loss prevention officer picking up, opening and sniffing the seven-ounce cans of whip cream, according to the arrest report. Each can contained nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, and when inhaled will "induce a condition of intoxication." The man was arrested for inhalation of harmful substance.

The Destin Log

Is that not hysterical?

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
OK, I have fantasized about inhaling 28 cans of whipped cream before, but not in this fashion!

I just cannot comprehend this inhalation addiction. Weird and expensive habit for such a short term buzz. Ok not expensive in this case.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
So many kids I went to high school with YEARS ago did this while at work at the grocery stores. I, like chillpill, have always preferred to consume the contents, not the propellant.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
OK, I have fantasized about inhaling 28 cans of whipped cream before, but not in this fashion!

I just cannot comprehend this inhalation addiction. Weird and expensive habit for such a short term buzz. Ok not expensive in this case.

So many kids I went to high school with YEARS ago did this while at work at the grocery stores. I, like chillpill, have always preferred to consume the contents, not the propellant.

The kids used to call it "doing a whippit" I guess from the brand name RediWhip

I have been guilty of inhaling a pie before:blush:

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal

DESTIN - A man was arrested after inhaling 28 cans of whipped cream at Destin Wal-Mart. The 33-year-old man was observed by a loss prevention officer picking up, opening and sniffing the seven-ounce cans of whip cream, according to the arrest report. Each can contained nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, and when inhaled will "induce a condition of intoxication." The man was arrested for inhalation of harmful substance.

The Destin Log

Is that not hysterical?

I knew people in high school who used to do "whippets".

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington

The Destin Log

Is that not hysterical?

Probably more hysterical when you're high on nitrous :D

All joking aside...nitrous is great during dental procedures. I actually got a fit of the giggles during a root canal on a molar. But you know why most dentists no longer offer it? It has to be stored outside, and people STEAL it! :angry:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
You can purchase it at some of the head shops over in PCB. You just have to inquire about whipped cream cartridges. Call it whippets and they'll ask you to leave.

When you buy whipped cream in the can shake it in the store. It should go from a sloshing sound to a flopping sound. If it doesn't firm up in the can when shaking then someone has already stolen the nitrous. Nothing like getting home and having heavy cream dribble out onto pie.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
There are a lot of teenagers at our house these days. Whenever a new one comes by and meets us the standard conversation is:
"Nice to meet you, kid. Do you work?"

"Yeah I work at Publix!"

"Great place to work. Whippits?"
Depending on the reaction :blink: :dunno: :yikes: :leaving: said teenager may or may not be allowed to visit again.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
My dentist must be in a secure area, because he offers nitrous. And I get it whenever I have the scarier work done. And he shows cartoons on the ceiling. One time I went in, got the nitrous and he had Cheech and Chong Up in Smoke playing. ;-)