• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Hello, Local Media here is a JOKE.

No investigative reports, just fluff, unicorns and rainbows for the tourists that visit. Some crime reports when info is released, but not the full story.

Walton Sun = Joke

NWFL Daily News = Joke

WJHG = Joke

WMBB = Joke

WZEP = Good Ole' Boyz, just listen to their morning show. JOKE + 10

Drunken Brawlers was a forum where real info was exchanged but they were forced to shut down.

SoWal exists as it creates numerous views (look at this post) that gets view for advertisers.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Start your own website/ news gathering operation. It is easy to be critical of the way things are. Not willing to put yourself out there to offer solutions or be part of the solution by running for office is a cop out. I for one, try not burning bridges, not always successful, and have had conversations with Commissioners. Whether you love the make up of current BCC, they are who you have to go through to get things done. I suggest you go visit them all and find out what there positions are on your issues.

Last edited:

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
Patient?
The market is improving. Patience will cost $$.
The county had plenty of opportunity to make smart land buys when the market was down.
Example:
The property across hwy 30A from the Ft. Panic (Dune Allen) beach access would have been an Excellent opportunity to create a parking facility for the access. And it probably wouldn't have cost twice appraised value like the recent purchase across from Stinkys.
Any insight why that wasn't pursued?

I believe the BCC/TDC isn't interested in buying lots north of 30a for beach access. It makes sense that with limited funds they would want to stick to beachfront.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
I believe the BCC/TDC isn't interested in buying lots north of 30a for beach access. It makes sense that with limited funds they would want to stick to beachfront.
The piece I noted is across from beach access that's lacking parking. It also could have alleviated the issue of folks parking on the ROW.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
The piece I noted is across from beach access that's lacking parking. It also could have alleviated the issue of folks parking on the ROW.

That property would have been 100% perfect for an additional lot. But, no...

$7 million, or what ever it was to Jay Odom is just fine with the BCC. He must have called in his chips.

Just look for him to open a medical cannabis dispensary with that $$$.

Over inflated Real Estate purchases by the BCC will be common, just follow the money, follow the money...

The property deal across the street from Stinky's was all about WHO was selling it.

It's not what you have or know, but WHO you know.