• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
goin' coastal said:
This thread was not started to talk about the beaches of New Jersey, though it has quickly drifted toward that focus. If you want to defend or discuss the beaches of New Jersey, please start a thread in the lounge. As a courtesy to the thread starter and other readers please stick to the topic of the thread. Think about how frustrating it must be for a newcomer to sort through the numerous thread title, only to find out that they are not about the title at all.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Smiling JOe said:
This thread was not started to talk about the beaches of New Jersey, though it has quickly drifted toward that focus. If you want to defend or discuss the beaches of New Jersey, please start a thread in the lounge. As a courtesy to the thread starter and other readers please stick to the topic of the thread. Think about how frustrating it must be for a newcomer to sort through the numerous thread title, only to find out that they are not about the title at all.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen threads shift on topic and it's regular posters. ;-)
I think the point here was that some people interpreted the GMA show as being slanted, but the reality is that it was just was showing people the danger of rip currents and may have helped someone.
if you saw anyone defending beaches, it's because it was called for due to the sarcastic tone on the thread that inferred SoWal is the best beach in the world, and frankly I and others had to say something and I think I said it nicely.

If you have a problem with someone on this Board- just spit it out because this is the second time I have seen you monitor posts that took a slight turn.
One really upset me that was related to a tragedy. In my opinion those posts should have been removed, but there is such a concept in this country as freedom of speech.

There- got it off my back. Now on to the lounge for some lighthearted FUNN.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mango said:
If you have a problem with someone on this Board- just spit it out because this is the second time I have seen you monitor posts that took a slight turn.
One really upset me that was related to a tragedy. In my opinion those posts should have been removed, but there is such a concept in this country as freedom of speech.

There- got it off my back. Now on to the lounge for some lighthearted FUNN.

Mango, I am not picking on you in particular. My note is referring to all posters from post number 12 -28. Please by all means defend yourself, but you can do it by making note linking to the new thread so that the current thread stays on topic. Yes, I too, am guilty :blush: of sending threads to crap and if you point out my error when I do so, I will kindly listen.

Now, back to the dangers of Rip Currents at the beach...

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Smiling JOe said:
Mango, I am not picking on you in particular. My note is referring to all posters from post number 12 -28. Please by all means defend yourself, but you can do it by making note linking to the new thread so that the current thread stays on topic. Yes, I too, am guilty :blush: of sending threads to crap and if you point out my error when I do so, I will kindly listen.

OK, we have a pact ;-) We could just do this :banging:

Hu Phlung Pu

Beach Comber
Jul 6, 2006
Smiling JOe said:
Yes, I too, am guilty :blush: of sending threads to crap and if you point out my error when I do so, I will kindly listen.
Hu say,

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved."

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:

Please do not point out all MY errors or your computer will explode.

Underthebluemoon

Beach Lover
Jun 18, 2005
I'm sorry. I didn't know there were specific "rules" to posting on this website. What a joke. You actually get MAD at people who post???????????????????????????????????????

That is so so so ridiculous. Perhaps when the person who wrote untruths about beaches that I visit, saying they have ecoli and needles all over them, instead of reading and responding intelligently, I should have gone and done what apparently is mandatory and visited the "lounge" to complain. How absolutely ridiculous is that? And then to have some goof insult me for intelligently writing to disagree, that's freaking fabulous!!!

I just thank heavens that the experience of actually VISITING the Sowal area for my family and myself was sooooooo friendly and warm. My experience on this site has been anything but friendly and warm. With a few exceptions, this is by far the snootiest, clickiest, most full-of-itself site I have EVER been to. I am so glad that I don't have to name drop when I hang with other members of a website as though they were some kind of celebrity to make myself important. I'll make and keep my friends the old fashioned way: face to face.

Kurt, will you PLEASE remove my screen name from this site so that I can be assured that I will never be tempted to post on here again.