• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
The rules might change after today's county commission meeting. There is talk of limiting permits to owners of improved property only; raising the fees; charging a higher fee for non-homesteaded property; limiting the number of charter boat permits; limiting the number of beach chair vendors, to name a few items.

Here is a link to the agenda for the meeting to be held in DeFuniak.

http://www.co.walton.fl.us/default.asp?id=141&releaseaction=view&releaseID=128

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I tried to renew mine today and they told me that they would not do it until tommorow....

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL
The rules might change after today's county commission meeting. There is talk of limiting permits to owners of improved property only; raising the fees; charging a higher fee for non-homesteaded property; limiting the number of charter boat permits; limiting the number of beach chair vendors, to name a few items.

Here is a link to the agenda for the meeting to be held in DeFuniak.

http://www.co.walton.fl.us/default.asp?id=141&releaseaction=view&releaseID=128

Woah, thanks for posting that. I'll be there.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
It is so dry and deep at Grayton that I had a hard time walking out today, much less driving. :eek: My permit is useless until it rains, and rains alot, and it may be useless after tonight's meeting.:sosad:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
What good are permits if the Sheriff's Dept is not writing tickets for non-permitted vehicles. Saw a Honda truck stuck today, without a permit in sight (B'ham license). A kind hearted local pulled him out of the hole, a Sheriff's Deputy drove right passed him without slowing down. The driver tried to get off the beach again and got stuck again. Finally, the kind local went back over to the vehicle, got in the driver's seat, backed up and drove it off the beach.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Why are they changing the criteria?
Is there a problem w/ too many vehicles on the beach (besides the non permitted ones that I totally thing deserve fines)?

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
It is so dry and deep at Grayton that I had a hard time walking out today, much less driving. :eek: My permit is useless until it rains, and rains alot, and it may be useless after tonight's meeting.:sosad:

The voice of experience agrees about waiting for some rain. :D