• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
She is owed her retirement and been trying to collect it since May of this year and its been one excuse after another.

Suzanne Harris asked me to share this as she is in a meeting.

Attachments

• Letter concerning my retirement.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 412

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
She is not being denied her retirement. She still works. She was given wrong information concerning enrollment in the “Drop” program and that has caused her to miss the enrollment period and ultimately that would affect her “total” retirement.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
She is not being denied her retirement. She still works. She was given wrong information concerning enrollment in the “Drop” program and that has caused her to miss the enrollment period and ultimately that would affect her “total” retirement.
From reading the letter, it does appear that the County HR department will now be stepping into the spotlight of incompetence.

Some questions to consider about how an employee received retirement / FRS information is the frequency and thoroughness of it. Many benefit programs have strict deadlines and it's HR's responsibility to ensure staff are aware.

...unless they (HR), were too busy taking other directions from someone outside that department.

:dunno:

MorningGlory

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2016
sowal
Good rule of thumb for anyone that has questions about FRS ALWAYS contact FRS directly! Been there, done that! Don't rely on the local info. That's what FRS told me. However, it is a aggravating to know that the employees that are being paid to answer such questions and handle such matters dont seemed to be knowledgeable enough to do so. Is it because they are instructed not to by someone? Or is it because they aren't given or allowed updated informational trainings? What's the source of this problem? :dunno: :dunno:

MorningGlory

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2016
sowal
From reading the letter, it does appear that the County HR department will now be stepping into the spotlight of incompetence.

Some questions to consider about how an employee received retirement / FRS information is the frequency and thoroughness of it. Many benefit programs have strict deadlines and it's HR's responsibility to ensure staff are aware.

...unless they (HR), were too busy taking other directions from someone outside that department.

:dunno:
My thoughts exactly!!

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
This is VERY sad to think that our employees can not count on the people paid to know how to help and davise them. Even if they do not know why is it taking so long to get her help. She is almost begging for help and that should never happen. If in fact she got the wrong information from HR then the county is responsible for payment in my opinion. A good attorney will teach the county what is their responsibility.