• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Does th MCC give notice before they spray
:rotfl: You aren't from around here are you?
No, they give no formal notice. Typically, the only notice you receive is when you hear the fogger engine running on the truck as it comes through your neighborhood. I have to think there are some trespassing laws being violated when they spray poisons. We have several threads devoted to those issues. Run a search for mosquito control and you will probably find them.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Does th MCC give notice before they spray

Yes. You will hear a whiny sound a few streets over, which is our warning to bring in the animals and shut the windows.

Supermom describes the sound as "Wee woo wee woo". We call it the sound of death.:lol:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kinda like when you live in a flight pattern and they dump the jet fuel landing...TOXIC
maybe, but the difference is that the jet fuel is produced with the intention of fueling jets. The poisons which the MC uses, are produced to kill small insects indiscriminately. Also, jets don't commonly dump fuel, but Mosquito Control often sprays the killing poisons.

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
:rotfl: You aren't from around here are you?
No, they give no formal notice. Typically, the only notice you receive is when you hear the fogger engine running on the truck as it comes through your neighborhood. I have to think there are some trespassing laws being violated when they spray poisons. We have several threads devoted to those issues. Run a search for mosquito control and you will probably find them.
NO!!!!!!!!!!I'm not from where you be!!!!!!!!!
Was it my accent that gave me away?
It is cold here today and I woke to the beautful snow and ice covered trees out my window. I was lucky I did not need to be at work today...so I made a pot of chili and some banana bread.
I do not like the cold except for the cool clothes to be had....
I will not be there until the 21st....I hope the Mosquito Patrol will have already been and gone....as I do not even like hairspray much less pesticides.....

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
Hey guy's and gals you can get on a list by the department of Agriculture to be notified if someone sprays certain chemicals within a set distance of your home. I dont remember all the criteria but i can get the info thursday if anyones interested but i do know it includes any company's that use those chemicals including lawn pest and household pest control companies so you may get several calls.

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
Hey all there was also talk earlier about gary D being able to come back because of Burke's vote would be cancelled because of him not living in Walton county then the vote would be 1 to 1. not to sure what would happen but that's the talk in the mosquitoe control world

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Hey all there was also talk earlier about gary D being able to come back because of Burke's vote would be cancelled because of him not living in Walton county then the vote would be 1 to 1. not to sure what would happen but that's the talk in the mosquitoe control world
Interesting. Having five commissioners might help out in situations like that. Just curious if Gary would get a new contract paying only $60K, or would he actually get another increase in salary, on top of the $100K+?:dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal

So since he was "illegally" elected all his decisions and votes are now null & void?

I thought the last time the issue of his residency was brought up he claimed he had an apartment over Dave's Glass.

Last edited: