• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
This is a friendly, happy fellow! The owner turned in his dogs because he couldn't care for them anymore. He is a beautiful dog with a wonderful personality!
Walton County Animal Shelter: 892-8682

Dogs @ Walton County
Owner turn in. 11 month old Labradoodle. Good with other dogs. Needs basic obedience. Very friendly!
Pet adoption fees are $55.00 which includes spay/neuter, heartworm screen, 1st de worming, 1st booster, and rabies. Please call 850-892-8682 or stop in at 365 Triple G Road, Defuniak Springs, FL 32433.

realtordanielle

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2008
Here is the link to Walton County Animal Shelter's List of Dogs on Petfinder. It wouldn't highlight so just copy and paste. Remember I have 4 pups I rescued from Walton County up for adoption as well.
See my listing.

//www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelterid=FL940

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Awww! :love:

Why are so many dogs/animals up for adoption?

Is this all economic or is there some other factor too? :dunno:

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Awww! :love:

Why are so many dogs/animals up for adoption?

Is this all economic or is there some other factor too? :dunno:

I understand that a great number were turned in over the holidays. I'm going over to put something together on them next week, to try and raise awareness. I think economics plays a great part in it. A private citizen and volunteer sponsored these so the adoptions would be free.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I understand that a great number were turned in over the holidays. I'm going over to put something together on them next week, to try and raise awareness. I think economics plays a great part in it. A private citizen and volunteer sponsored these so the adoptions would be free.

Many shelters were in existence before the economic downturn, because even in good times, too many people got pets without considering the associated expense, time, appropriateness of a particular pet to their family, and basic needs of animals. Add to that unaltered animals, and then the bad economy made shelter crowding even worse.:sosad:

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I really want that labradoodle, but with two big dogs already, Mr. C would kill me! Y'all help me out here. Somebody take these sweeties!

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
The labradoodle has a happy in that pic. I think it would be like peanut butter and jelly for Mr. L. Doodle to come live with you. We have three, and it actually works out pretty well. :wave:

NOT helpful, Alicica!! :lol: