• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tailwagger

Beach Fanatic
Dec 9, 2004
July real estate sales numbers are in for Walton County and they're up across the board. July sales were up significantly from the July 2010. Not only did the number of properties sold increase, but the prices are also going up.

The number of total single family homes sold, increased 35-percent. Condo sales jumped to 78 percent. Residential property sales doubled last July’s numbers.

As mentioned, the prices are also going up; the median price of a single family home almost doubled last year’s numbers. Realtor Keith Flippo says buyer confidence is back.

"Even folks' financial officers are telling them to buy real estate for the first time since I've been selling real estate. So I think that they do also look at it as a good way to make an investment. So I think people feel comfortable in buying right now,” said Premier Property Group owner Keith Flippo.

Flippo says most of the buyers are investors; they’re paying for their properties in cash.

Realtors say August numbers aren’t as strong as July, but they're still l significantly higher than last year.

newsprint

Beach Lover
Mar 9, 2007
What is the current pulse of the market on SOWAL?

There seemed to be a lot of optimism on this board and elsewhere earlier this year. After a tough 2010 I was expecting 2011 to be much better but it doesn't seem like 2011 has unfolded the way most expected.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
newsprint, how do you think that most expected it to unfold? Sales numbers have been very good.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

There seemed to be a lot of optimism on this board and elsewhere earlier this year. After a tough 2010 I was expecting 2011 to be much better but it doesn't seem like 2011 has unfolded the way most expected.

Pretty much everything is going well and we are reducing inventory quickly.

Murray's reports and many others in the real estate forum have been positive and some downright shocking. Just scan down the lists of threads at - http://www.sowal.com/bb/forumdisplay.php/13-Real-Estate

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005

It's been a great summer for real estate. My prediction is a bit more time getting the junk cleared out, prices continue to get realistic. And a slow steady climb. I'm glad to get back to real. The flipping was gross and brought gross people to our beautiful place but sad some are still hanging around. Like fish out of water.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I have many buyers on the fence because the deals they heard about or that a friend got 6-12 months ago are no longer here. I am sure some will pop up but you gotta really move on them or they are gone! A good foreclosure deal has multiple offers in hours. Almost frustrating but I am grateful for the activity. Two common conversations that are getting old:

1. Talking about what the values were in 2003-2005.

2. What someone purchased something 6-12 months ago and I want the same deal. Oh, and I can wait for the deal. Oh, and I have cash.