• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
This is from January 8 (sorry-Jan. 5) and shows we are in the bottom group of states administering vaccines.
upload_2021-1-10_10-48-37.jpeg

Last edited:

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
Hey, Kurt.. please don't "cancel culture" me(!) for "double posting", but I wanted to throw my out comments here, as well as in another SoWal thread. Here goes:

Something to ponder..... how many formal announcements of vaccination strategy have we seen from Holly Holt?

I've seen internet postings from the general public (most with second and third hand knowledge and/or assumptions) but WHERE is the formal, detailed strategy from the leader of this dilemma (i.e., Ms Holt?)

When has she personally been on the media (local TV, forums, sowal,com, newspapers, etc) formally announcing her distribution plan?

'Seems as though we are in a vacuum, awaiting leadership to clue us in.........so far the roll-out kabuki has been a series of misses without any hits......

The current circumstances are not best debated by web'sters on Facebook; reading chatter such as "my uncle bob had a fever but tested negative" on internet sites only distracts from the need for hard, factual direction.

........ Where is the timely and detailed game plan? And when will Ms Holt explain it to the Walton County residents?.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Hey, Kurt.. please don't "cancel culture" me(!) for "double posting", but I wanted to throw my out comments here, as well as in another SoWal thread. Here goes:

Something to ponder..... how many formal announcements of vaccination strategy have we seen from Holly Holt?

I've seen internet postings from the general public (most with second and third hand knowledge and/or assumptions) but WHERE is the formal, detailed strategy from the leader of this dilemma (i.e., Ms Holt?)

When has she personally been on the media (local TV, forums, sowal,com, newspapers, etc) formally announcing her distribution plan?

'Seems as though we are in a vacuum, awaiting leadership to clue us in.........so far the roll-out kabuki has been a series of misses without any hits......

The current circumstances are not best debated by web'sters on Facebook; reading chatter such as "my uncle bob had a fever but tested negative" on internet sites only distracts from the need for hard, factual direction.

........ Where is the timely and detailed game plan? And when will Ms Holt explain it to the Walton County residents?.
My advice is to simply not rely on the County to respond well to this emergency. You will have better luck contacting your local doctor and/or pharmacy. They are getting the vaccine probably quicker than the county.

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
Every time there is a "blurb" on the evening news, it only serves to generate more questions.

From Jeff Goldberg, a few minutes ago: The COVID vaccination program is funded with federal (i.e., U.S.) resources and is a CDC (e.g., U.S.) program. I guess that means any Canadian snowbirds should not be covered.....eh? Is someone turning Canadians away at the gates?

From Jeff Goldberg tonight: The goal is herd immunity, at 95% vaccinated. But....is that attainable, if there are folks do not WANT to take the vaccine, for religious or other personal reasons?? (No way, the county will force to make the shot mandatory)...... So is 95% even a realistic goal???

Discussions/assumptions about using Facebook (FB) as the prime means to get word out regarding roll-out. Right now, the Walton County "target audience" are those 65 and older. Anyone want to wager that not everyone over 65 in the county has a Facebook and uses it frequently?

Lots of assumptions that CVS, Walgreens, Publix pharms will take over the program. Have either Holt or Goldberg stated that as part of some comprehensive "transition plan"? Details, please?

Holt, Goldberg.... just WHICH is the ONE, SINGULAR, AUTHORITATIVE LEADER with the gameplan, and when will he/she make public appearances (TV, evening news for example) to share and discuss the plan with residents in the county. Lots of assumptions and vague thoughts--but at this time, Walton County needs a proactive leader...... WHO?

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
"We really need to get this vaccine out more quickly, because this is really our only tool. We need to acknowledge that it's not working. We need to hit the reset and adopt a new strategy in trying to get that out to patients."
Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Publix Pharmacy will provide vaccines
Publix at Grand Boulevard
South Walton Publix
Freeport Publix

19449-2021-pharmacy-covid-19-vaccine_978x340.jpg

Coronavirus vaccine at Publix Pharmacy.
At Publix, our goal is to provide you with up-to-date information on how to get your vaccine at select Publix pharmacies if you are eligible. Starting Wednesday, January 13, customers can access COVID-19 vaccine appointment availability beginning Thursday, January 14.

Who is eligible for the vaccine?
Eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine differs by state. For up-to-date information, see below.
Last updated: 01/07/2021. Subject to change without notice.

Florida: Healthcare personnel with direct patient contact, residents and staff in long-term healthcare facilities, and persons 65 years of age and older.

More information
COVID-19 Vaccine