• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
FYI - If you call Walton County Mosquito Control, sorry I don't have the # now, they will bring out a black sticky ball and hang it in a tree for you - FREE.

They came out a couple of hours after I called on Friday and also gave me instructions for making more.

We have black sticky balls all over our neighborhood - at least some help with those pesky critters!!!

seagrover said:
FYI - If you call Walton County Mosquito Control, sorry I don't have the # now, they will bring out a black sticky ball and hang it in a tree for you - FREE.

They came out a couple of hours after I called on Friday and also gave me instructions for making more.

We have black sticky balls all over our neighborhood - at least some help with those pesky critters!!!

What about bats? Ever tried bat boxes? :cool:

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
RiverOtter said:
What about bats? Ever tried bat boxes? :cool:

We have a huge bat condo with a nursery roost at the top, but so far only wasps have enjoyed it. :sosad: I am hoping soon we will have some bats. Mosquitos here are terrible! I went out for a few minutes yesterday and looked down, and saw at least 10-15 on my legs at once, like it was happy hour. Ahhh! There are negatives to living in the woods... love the privacy, hate the mosquitos.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
kurt said:
Bats are finicky.

That's for sure! The box has to be a certain color, certain height, certain distance from trees and water, just the right amount of shade, and the list goes on and on. Now that you mention it, that big sticky black ball doesn't sound too bad. :roll:

Anybody ever try one of these?

libplusproduct.jpg

Kim Smith

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
Yes, we have one of the Mesq. Magnetics and they do work. My husband sells them at his store in Atlanta and he also sells them through ebay.