• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Central Florida is a good example of local governments giving away public lands in favor of private interests. Beautiful lakes that were once open for all to enjoy have been closed off by the lakefront landowners who petitioned the local government for easement and rights of way abandonment giving the public land over to the Adjacent owners. There is now one measly boat access for the public. Try to view the lakes and vistas that once presented the beauty of the lakes to passersby,bikers, and others. Views and even peaks of lakes are now non existent due to the walls and monster homes, hedges, fences and other obstructions.

Sound familiar?
Walton Cty BCC; in particular two members,Anderson and Jones and maybe Chapman are supporting the take over of a long established right of way/easement known as South Headland Ave. The right of way connects to a public beach area. But wait, wealthy owners to the east and west want this access shut down to the public because as one owner said"I don't want people looking at my wife in her bikini by our pool". They even landscaped the heck out of the easement /right of way to block off anyone who would dare try to access this area. The other neighbor even built their walkover on the public property.

A nearby restaurant and bar who heavily supported Jones and Anderson elections spoke for deleting this easement /right of way as an access to the public beach. While their employees park in the north Headland easement :right of way, they certainly don't want any of you parking to go to the beach or biking /golf cart to the easement.Hypocritical; I think so. Walton county residents ; wake up and tell these commissioners that you will not stand for closing off longtime easements and rights of way in favor of adjacent owners who land grab whenever and wherever they can. Why is the county spending millions to defend customary use? So the public can get to the beach!

Commissioners shouldn't pander to special interests and enclaves because they need their money and support.

www.facebook.com/Waltonpolitics/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf