• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
From the BCC Agenda:

Walton TAB C - JIM BAGBY, TDC EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
1. Request permission to apply to become members of the Riverway South Apalachicola Choctawhatchee Organization (RWSAC) at an annual cost of $5,000.

Anyone from the TDC care to fill us in as to what this is about? From the website it looks like the RWSAC has a noble goal of promoting the panhandles's natural resources, waterways, and eco-tourism. http://rwsfl.org

However half the links on the website don't work, the one post that has been made has 285 spam comments, most of the places highlighted are near Apalachicola, and the calendar lists an upcoming event for April 2014.

Does the TDC's fee of $5,000 a year go towards hiring a webmaster?
How will Walton County benefit from being a member?
Why so expensive?

Please don't tell me to go to the meeting to ask these questions. Walton county employees should be able to respond on this website or at least send me an email or private message by clicking on my member name.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Interesting. We already have a great web source and local for promoting our natural resources, waterways and eco-tourism. It's called Waltonoutdoors.com. It would be nice if the TDC supported a LOCAL source of information and a beautifully written blog by people passionate about our area and lend their support to the Explore the Outdoors event.