• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
this should have been done before chris titus hired brad pickel back as a consultant at his same full time salary for about one forth of the time now. $7x,xxx.xx seventy some thousand is a considerable amount of money. again tdc has more money than sense. with so much money at the tdc's disposal the county commissioners should pay more attention to how and for what the money is spent. maybe regular audits, possibly by and accredited outside group would be helpful.

Same thought crossed my mind.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Good gravy!

I'll take the job and donate 20% of my salary towards new signs in the interests of goodwill! :D

What is really interesting, to me at least, is the difference between the pay of the director and the next lowest paid. Falls to $77.6K. So if that person were to get promoted to directed the pay increase could be enormous. Usually the pay bands are a bit tighter, at least that is what I always thought.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
scooter, I'll do it and donate 25% of salary back the first year, and another 25% to other Peeps of Walton County Good Causes the following year.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I'll donate 25% and not use the oft abused "company car". :D

Donating 50% of the salary is too much for me - need $ for impractical shoes!

Oops, read too quickly - 25% each year to a worthy cause works.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'll keep the money and have the TDC remove the new signs and replace them with the old signs. :D

Redd

Beach Fanatic
May 7, 2007
Anyone noticed the matching blue color frizbee/donut looking things close by all the new (crap) signs ??

What next is in store if these are for more signs, since the holes in the middle are twice the size of the current ones

be afraid be afraid.

Isnt there some kind of city/county website where commissioner meetings minutes are posted or so residents can attend planned discussions so public opinion can be heard BEFORE these rock head decisions are made?

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Anyone noticed the matching blue color frizbee/donut looking things close by all the new (crap) signs ??

What next is in store if these are for more signs, since the holes in the middle are twice the size of the current ones

be afraid be afraid.

Isnt there some kind of city/county website where commissioner meetings minutes are posted or so residents can attend planned discussions so public opinion can be heard BEFORE these rock head decisions are made?

Meetings and agendas are posted at www.co.walton.fl.us.

Pumpkin-22

Beach Lover
Jan 14, 2008
Outskirts of Destin
At the Walton County Board of County Commissioners meeting last night, Ms. Titus was taken to task for the unsightly signs... after they commended her for all her good work.