South Walton's Community Website
Beach Like A Local!
Create Account

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake
So lets keep this simple or just apply the KISS principle here - For all of us who have lived here and witnessed how Walton County operates, it should come as no surprise that a good old boy network exists and people may get paid outside their normal pay grade.(Kept myself safe with that statement) . We all know that Driftwood Estates has had a MAJOR drainage problem for years and the county has ignored or failed to "do the Right Thing"to fix the problem. This same problem has also contributed to water quality problems in the bay that some UNNAMED commissioners committed to fix as part of their campaign promise (But that is for another discussion) Now at crunch time, when as my favorite author Kurt Vonnegut has said, "Excrement is hitting the air conditioning"our government entity is facing another lawsuit and potential criminal charges of biblical proportions.

Simply put, our elected officials ignored the rules for YEARS and now the check is coming due - if anyone thinks this will go away or anyone who served as a past commisionner is exempt from litigation or fault, let the courts decide.

So from a KISS Point of view

1. Sandestin bends the rules for development when it comes to density / drainage and the county knows about it - Driftwood Estates is hampered and lets the county know all the time for years

2. Driftwood Estates (Or Allen Osborne) finally has had enough of being ignored and brings legal action the county for Sandestin not adhering to the requirements previously mandated - A legal decision is made and the county advised and still no action taken?

3. Now our county attorney Sidney Noyes resigns her position yet is offered a job in the county clerks office (For the same Salary?)

Folks, as a casual observer I know there are many gaps and assumptions in this post but at the end of the day, you do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure this crap out - The sooner we cut bait with the old guard of Walton County including existing old boys from the network, the sooner changes can occur. Does anyone ever wonder why the state attorney in Tallahassee gets a case of angina and diarreha when dealing with county politics?

Just my 2 cents

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
So lets keep this simple or just apply the KISS principle here - For all of us who have lived here and witnessed how Walton County operates, it should come as no surprise that a good old boy network exists and people may get paid outside their normal pay grade.(Kept myself safe with that statement) . We all know that Driftwood Estates has had a MAJOR drainage problem for years and the county has ignored or failed to "do the Right Thing"to fix the problem. This same problem has also contributed to water quality problems in the bay that some UNNAMED commissioners committed to fix as part of their campaign promise (But that is for another discussion) Now at crunch time, when as my favorite author Kurt Vonnegut has said, "Excrement is hitting the air conditioning"our government entity is facing another lawsuit and potential criminal charges of biblical proportions.

Simply put, our elected officials ignored the rules for YEARS and now the check is coming due - if anyone thinks this will go away or anyone who served as a past commisionner is exempt from litigation or fault, let the courts decide.

So from a KISS Point of view

1. Sandestin bends the rules for development when it comes to density / drainage and the county knows about it - Driftwood Estates is hampered and lets the county know all the time for years

2. Driftwood Estates (Or Allen Osborne) finally has had enough of being ignored and brings legal action the county for Sandestin not adhering to the requirements previously mandated - A legal decision is made and the county advised and still no action taken?

3. Now our county attorney Sidney Noyes resigns her position yet is offered a job in the county clerks office (For the same Salary?)

Folks, as a casual observer I know there are many gaps and assumptions in this post but at the end of the day, you do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure this crap out - The sooner we cut bait with the old guard of Walton County including existing old boys from the network, the sooner changes can occur. Does anyone ever wonder why the state attorney in Tallahassee gets a case of angina and diarreha when dealing with county politics?

Just my 2 cents
Thank you for clear, concise, complete sentences.

Waltongate

Beach Comber
Feb 27, 2021
winston salem
Alan Osborne will be the guest on Friday mornings addition of Coastal Connection with Charlie Hustle and Debbie Heard, should be a hoot as he discusses the turmoil in the county administration and legal department.....Tune in at 7AM...

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
What about Alan's own turmoil? His house being foreclosed on and lawsuits being filed daily?

Waltongate

Beach Comber
Feb 27, 2021
winston salem
What about Alan's own turmoil? His house being foreclosed on and lawsuits being filed daily?
If they said you were gay, would the county staff not have a duty to enforce the law because you were gay and or in litigation with an old lover? Enlighten us.... Squirrel

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If they said you were gay, would the county staff not have a duty to enforce the law because you were gay and or in litigation with an old lover? Enlighten us.... Squirrel

Questions with questions this must be Alan.