South Walton's Community Website
Beach Like A Local!
Create Account

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake
Once again adhering to the KISS principle, The facts appear to be the county has failed to live up to their legal responsibilities FOR YEARS in this case and now the bill is coming due - Regardless of someone's financial or legal issue, the fact remain the county has screwed up and will be held accountable - Lets all try to agree that our local elected officials (past and maybe present !) have culpability here and need to be held to the highest legal standard possible (And Walton County has a very low bar...)

Nan MacGinnis

Beach Comber
Aug 30, 2020
SW FL
I know there are many gaps and assumptions in this post
One gap begins 5'5" over tattoo's head, another appears between the pants cuff and shoe of a once-fallen, should-have-stayed down excuse for a human, and maybe a third belongs to a misrepresenting south sider who fell into a vat of peroxide.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
If they said you were gay, would the county staff not have a duty to enforce the law because you were gay and or in litigation with an old lover? Enlighten us.... Squirrel
Wouldn’t that be discriminatory and illegal?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
You know when you go to Publix and get in the check out line and you see all the Gossip magazines. Kind of what I am seeing here. Unnamed sources speaking about this or that. Kind of like our own little QNon. Few years ago we supposedly had the FBI in our little County, going to be a big deal. The County has been sued before. I will wait for the results of the court cases.

Hi Jack

Beach Crab
Mar 9, 2021
Newark NJ
You know when you go to Publix and get in the check out line and you see all the Gossip magazines. Kind of what I am seeing here. Unnamed sources speaking about this or that. Kind of like our own little QNon. Few years ago we supposedly had the FBI in our little County, going to be a big deal. The County has been sued before. I will wait for the results of the court cases.
Echo that.

Waltongate

Beach Comber
Feb 27, 2021
winston salem
Waltongate update Sunday 14 Mar, 2021
Right now the staff is probably trying to convince the BCC they cant fire the Staff. The Staff better realize the BCC can fire the guy who let them get away with it for far too long, at the expense of us taxpayers.
Your commissioners are failing to hold administration accountable for allowing staff to KNOWINGLY break the laws. Commissioners, fire Larry NOW and launch an investigation into the criminal activity, nepotism, directed hiring and selective enforcement that is costing the county millions. Is the BCC never gonna get it, that the staff is controlling information to achieve selected outcomes. The BCC will always look stupid if the staff never tells them the truth and the whole story. The BCC didn't even know their key staff had contracts or what their performance goals were, yet three of these commissioners have approved past raises....HMMMM..
Larry is probably sending Stan around to waive a grand jury report at them telling them they are "interfering in daily operations". I think an investigation is not interference with operations, it's the DUTY of the elected officials to seek accountability in government. If they discuss it at the board meeting and 3 people vote for it, Larry can be terminated for "lack of confidence" to execute his duties faithfully. With the legal mess and the s**t show of a fiasco the staff is in now, can anybody have confidence Larry ISN'T responsible for the runaway train of failures?!?!
Termination of the ringmaster is the first step to ending the "good ole boy addiction" addiction in Walton County.
You can't make this stuff up, truth is weirder than fiction.
(Robert is weirder than that.....lol)

Nan MacGinnis

Beach Comber
Aug 30, 2020
SW FL
Larry can be terminated for "lack of confidence" to execute his duties faithfully

Be very careful what you wish for. I am not offering support for the incumbent but should it come to his termination I certainly hope the elected officials don't think that an individual having a few FBI seminars and or credentials is good for running the county responsibly and ethically, either in the interim or beyond. Throughout my public service career as a Senior SHRM-certified HR practitioner, I observed that holders of such "credentials" working outside of intelligence or enforcement fields oft times tend to misuse these skills through their attempts at intimidation, withholding key information, not disclosing methods, other pressure campaigns and obfuscation. Identifying the skills, knowledge and character needed for implementing interim and eventually new leadership should be prerequisite to any such decision to terminate.

I heard a rumor from my staff while I was WCBCC HR Manager [I was laid off (contrary to popular belief) and severanced (as I didn't do anything wrong) in 2014 in a strange reduction in force], that the now departed (from the BCC) HR Manager later promoted to Director (who turned herself in to Okaloosa County S.O.) was asked during her 2nd interview with Walton Admin if it was "more important to be a good manager or to know the law." The answer being sought, I'm told, was being a good manager (though either answer, or both, with supporting clarification seems fine to me). This carelessness with the law, if true, may speak volumes about how important (or not) it is for Admin to be above board in following all laws, ordinances, and policies in all of their dealings.

Why do I care about a county that cost me so much money and treated me, in my opinion, very unfairly? I love Walton's beauty and peacefulness, its proximity to family in Texas, and the many close friends I made with whom I remain in close contact. The employees and citizens of Walton County deserve leaders of integrity.

Last edited by a moderator: