• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk
I got another email from the refuge, this time on a male Cocker Spaniel - named Ticker because of the amount of ticks all over his body. This photo was taken prior to him being shaved. The pup is in need of a home or foster family. I've pasted the email below!

NAME / BREED: Ticker, Cocker Spaniel
CURRENT LOCATION: Alaqua Animal Refuge, Freeport, Florida
CONTACT NAME & NUMBER: Laurie Hood ? 850-685-0288
CURRENT SITUATION:

About 3 weeks ago, I sent out a request for help for a male Cocker Spaniel in the Chipley shelter. I had someone that wanted the dog, pulled him and brought him directly to the vet due to his condition ? ticks the size of quarters, severe skin infections, mats four inches thick. He was just released from my vet, but the adopter changed their mind because it took too long. Not exactly putting the animal first!

I now have the dog, but would love to place him immediately. I have dogs tripled up right now and he is living in an area designed for cats. He could use some special TLC and even though I have paid to have him vaccinated and neutered, I would consider placing him in another rescue or home if it were the right situation. I would really appreciate a foster situation.

Photos enclosed.

** For updated information on this dog, go to: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9211046

Laurie Hood
Alaqua Animal Refuge
P.O. Box 48
Freeport, Florida 32439
www.alaquaanimalrefuge.com

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Please alert me in your thread title. :nono1:

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Last edited:

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
I am going to clarify something publicly. THIS DOG IS NOT IN A KILL SHELTER. It is currently at the refuge which is the place that rescues the animals. They are the origins of these emails.

I am posting on this board in the hopes that someone will (A) fall in love, (B) be a foster parent or (C) forward on to others to spread the word about Ticker, animals like him, and the amazing work of the refuge.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I am going to clarify something publicly. THIS DOG IS NOT IN A KILL SHELTER. It is currently at the refuge which is the place that rescues the animals. They are the origins of these emails.

I am posting on this board in the hopes that someone will (A) fall in love, (B) be a foster parent or (C) forward on to others to spread the word about Ticker, animals like him, and the amazing work of the refuge.

Thanks, st, for clarifying. I can't stand to think they're in a kill shelter. And thanks too for caring enough to help. :clap:

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
Did I do some major faux pas or something that I'm not getting? :dunno:

No I think what you are doing is wonderful....... All About SoWal general discussion & info about the Beaches Of South Walton.......We live here and so do many other people, people that may be looking for this dog to call their very own.

:bow: