• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

3suns

Beach Comber
Mar 8, 2008
FLA USA
I am planning on moving to the area, we are trying to pinpoint a location, and looked in Cypress Breeze, but had some drawbacks in there. We are also considering Seacrest (Seabreeze). We have small children and need family friendly. We are probably going to build. Please post some info, that we may not be able to "see" during our day trips to the area! Thanks!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Everything on 30A is family friendly to a certain degree. It all depends on what you want. If you're looking for more families I would suggest the Pt. Washington area. If price is no object go for Rosemary, WaterColor, Seaside, or Grayton.

What turned you off to Cypress Breeze, but appealed to you in Seacrest (I'm assuming you are talking about the development)?

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
My wife and I have lived in Seabreeze or 4 years now after living on the beach for 4. Seabreeze is a family type place with many active, fulltime residents and some kids. Beach is a short walk with 2 walkovers on either end of the community near the entrances off 30-a. No pools, basketball courts, etc. but annual dues are only $200. If a place like Watercolor is more to your liking and you want to build I have a lot in phase 2 which is near camp watercolor with activities. Sean PM (private mail ) if interested. Good Luck

Coincidentally, yesterday I was talking to someone who lives in Seabreeze. He and his family love it there.

The other places mentioned below are worth looking into as well. I ran into a friend of ours who moved from Atlanta to Point Washington. His family loves that area.

Disclaimer: I am not a local, so my comments are based upon what I have heard from people I know and from what I have read in many posts on this message board.

But it appears that you have a lot of good choices, 3suns.

3suns

Beach Comber
Mar 8, 2008
FLA USA
Thanks for the info. We definitely want a short walk to 30A. Planning on a pool in the yard so community pool is not necessary. Kids will be doing tennis, golf, biking and hiking. I think Seabreeze may be for us, I am going to check out Watercolor as well. I just would like to live were EVERYONE isn't a tourist. I realize there are many because it is the most beautiful place in the world.

3suns

Beach Comber
Mar 8, 2008
FLA USA
Oh forgot! turn off in Cypress Breeze actually was that all the trees are cut down and the pool. I know, I know that pool is the largest in NW FL, but when we were there ,none of the waterfalls were on and it looked like it wasn't being maintained to the perfection I would expect for the dues paid there.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama