• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
"Democratic National Committee officials have discussed the prospect of having Michigan and Florida conduct Democratic caucuses in the coming weeks that would nullify those states' January primary results and award delegates to the national convention based on a second election. Both states were stripped of their delegates for violating DNC rules and holding primaries prior to this week's Super Tuesday vote." http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/020708/loc_n4001.shtml

A do-over!
Yes! I have always wanted to caucus.

Honestly, I think that a caucus would be the only fair way to handle the whole seating of delegates situation.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
can and independent like me, caucus for a democrat? What about registered Reps? Just curious. If so, I could foresee some problems. I recall hearing that in Iowa, candidates were encouraging people from other states to come to Iowa and caucus.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
can and independent like me, caucus for a democrat? What about registered Reps? Just curious. If so, I could foresee some problems. I recall hearing that in Iowa, candidates were encouraging people from other states to come to Iowa and caucus.

Looking at the rules for other states, and then factoring in Florida's primary rules, I think you'd have to be registered as a Democrat 30 days prior to the date of the caucus.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Looking at the rules for other states, and then factoring in Florida's primary rules, I think you'd have to be registered as a Democrat 30 days prior to the date of the caucus.

Now this is going to be very interesting. Do you think they would let us Republicans just come and watch? I would love to see how this works out. Maybe we all need to change to a caucus system.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Well, since you guys are at fault for the whole mess, I don't see why you should be completely left out. :funn:

I swear, you guys must feel like it's Christmas. I hope you're lighting candles to St. Katherine Harris, Patroness of Vote Suppression, in thanks for this chaotic mess. I mean, even wily Republicans couldn't have forseen a brokered convention, could they?

Imagine what you guys could have done if you had been able to nominate a real conservative. :eek:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Well, since you guys are at fault for the whole mess, I don't see why you should be completely left out. :funn:

I swear, you guys must feel like it's Christmas. I hope you're lighting candles to St. Katherine Harris, Patroness of Vote Suppression, in thanks for this chaotic mess. I mean, even wily Republicans couldn't have forseen a brokered convention, could they?

Imagine what you guys could have done if you had been able to nominate a real conservative. :eek:

Alright now. I have been nice and agreed to stay out of this until after a decision is made. We nominated a candidate that should be acceptable to everyone. And once he announces Charlie Crist as his running mate, we should have the Democratic vote sewed up. Gosh what some people will do to win. :rotfl:

If Obama and Clinton had just ignored those other states they could have come down here, listened to the people, and then no one could have argued the vote did not count. But oh no, they let a few smaller States make their decision for them, used Florida as their personal ATM, and then proceeded to tell the millions of hard working citizens of this great State that their votes were irrelevant.

Personally, I am so offended by the way that they ignored all the hard working people of this great State, that before they even attempt a caucus, I would like to see some apologies. From the candidates, Thurman, and Dean. We need a time of healing. Maybe by 2012 we can forgive.

There, is that party line enough for you?:clap:

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
There, is that party line enough for you?:clap:

Bravo! Bravo! Encore!!! :clap: Fabulous performance!

As for McCain, well...I hope you realize I don't find him too conservative. I meant that you guys must be kicking yourselves for putting up a moderate given the current situation. I'm still being nice.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Why, yes. I believe you would have time.

Interestingly, I went to fladems.com to see if there might be a way to switch party affiliation online (I'd seen a register to vote link last night) and noticed the home page now prominently features a week and a half old press release that was not even on the site last night.

AMAZING NIGHT FOR DEMOCRATS EVERYWHERE

Florida Democrats surpassed the total combined vote in the first four "early states", topped the total population of New Hampshire, shattered the previous state record for turnout in a Democratic Presidential Primary, and even broke the previous record for turnout in ANY Democratic primary in Florida.

I'm beginning to think Rep. Wasserman-Schultz may be the blue version of Katharine Harris.