• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Waterman

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2005
Ventura County CA
That's right...be there tomorrow! :dunno:

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
I'm headed down too. No mission, just relaxing. Got back late yesterday morning and just slept. Exausted, sunburned, broke, serrated by turtle shells, lacerated by barnacles, blasted by black lava sand, bruised by totally gross abalone shells, folded and compressed into ever-smaller airline seats, I gotta get back to some restful beauty after all the lava rocky black and dead coral beige beaches of Kona. If I never see another hawksbill turtle it will be too soon. Hawaii hasn't got anything on the white quartz sand beaches of the panhandle. It was awfully hard work, but fun I guess, but there's just nowhere like the florida panhandle anywhere in the whole world. If you see me, do not disturb for at least 24 hours, just move my beach umbrella to cover the worst of the sunburn. Thanks to you all, especially kurt and smilin joe, for keeping me updated on my special places while I was trapped over there without even the weather channel available, and hope you all didn't lose much of value that cannot be replaced.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
marinebiology451 said:
I'm headed down too. No mission, just relaxing. Got back late yesterday morning and just slept. Exausted, sunburned, broke, serrated by turtle shells, lacerated by barnacles, blasted by black lava sand, bruised by totally gross abalone shells, folded and compressed into ever-smaller airline seats, I gotta get back to some restful beauty after all the lava rocky black and dead coral beige beaches of Kona. If I never see another hawksbill turtle it will be too soon. Hawaii hasn't got anything on the white quartz sand beaches of the panhandle. It was awfully hard work, but fun I guess, but there's just nowhere like the florida panhandle anywhere in the whole world. If you see me, do not disturb for at least 24 hours, just move my beach umbrella to cover the worst of the sunburn. Thanks to you all, especially kurt and smilin joe, for keeping me updated on my special places while I was trapped over there without even the weather channel available, and hope you all didn't lose much of value that cannot be replaced.

Seems to me that you were GLOATING about going to Hawaii. Just goes to show you that nowhere is better than SoWal even before, during, and after a Hurricane. :laughing1

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
Waterman....Marinebiology451....have a wonderful and relaxing trip!! I am ready to go back myself....but can't :pissed: have fun!!!!! :clap_1:

kimbug

Beach Lover
Apr 8, 2005
Northeast Ohio
Camp Creek Kid said:
Seems to me that you were GLOATING about going to Hawaii. Just goes to show you that nowhere is better than SoWal even before, during, and after a Hurricane. :laughing1

You're absolutely right about nowhere better on earth than SoWal! We were headed down from Ohio right before Dennis and had reservations at the new Adagio and were advised to either turn around or find another vacation spot. :sosad: Needless to say, we were very depressed. We ended up further south on Siesta Key/Sarasota and even though the sand is pretty white and the beach is wide NOTHING could compare. We love everything about SoWal...the natural beauty, the relaxed atmosphere, the food and most of all the people. Since spring break is later this year I know that I'll be down for a visit then if not sooner :clap_1: !! Good luck with all the clean up and thank you for all the info for all of us who aren't lucky enough to call SoWal home.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
pulled 'official business' and got in ok. pretty bad scene beachfront. damage not as bad the further east you go. ended up at st andrews in pcb, not bad at all, still a lot of white sand and hot as hell but brownish cloudy water in the bay - see pic - going fishing tomorrow off the pier should be interesting if i can summon the energy to cast - next stop port saint joe sp out past cape san blas way off the beaten track for some really quiet time - pray 'gert to be' goes to texas too