• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I am deciding on a new washer and dryer for the beach. I have my eye on a Samsung and an LG set. Does anyone in South Walton service those brands? Or should I go with old-school brands like Maytag, GE, Whirlpool, Frigidaire, etc.?

Where I live in GA, no one services Sub-Zero. Well, they make a try. But they're not authorized Sub-Zero technicians. So there are problems that I live with, like a stalactite in the freezer. LOL.

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
I'm almost sure a@e (the name for the old sears) works on samsung as they came out to repair my samsung microwave a few months ago or even clarks appliance who are in seagrove. Any repair company no matter who it is will have to order parts anyway as no one carries thousand of parts in inventory. i'm sure you're talking about the stackable samsung or lg. i have the stackable whirlpools and my wife loves them. i was very happy with clarks appliance who fixed my fridge a few months ago

I'm almost sure a@e (the name for the old sears) works on samsung as they came out to repair my samsung microwave a few months ago or even clarks appliance who are in seagrove. Any repair company no matter who it is will have to order parts anyway as no one carries thousand of parts in inventory. i'm sure you're talking about the stackable samsung or lg. i have the stackable whirlpools and my wife loves them. i was very happy with clarks appliance who fixed my fridge a few months ago
No, I don't want stackable because I like to use the top of the washer and dryer for folding space.

I will put Clark's on my list. You never know how long an appliance will last these days. We still have a KitchenAid dishwasher from 1988. The week before last we replaced our KitchenAid double oven, also from 1988. Our Sub-Zero from 1988 has some problems. But the KitchenAid dishwasher at the beach only lasted 3 years (I think renter abuse), and the KitchenAid oven needed repair after 7 years (a renter broke the oven glass). The KitchenAid refrigerator needed occasional repair from renters jamming their coolers into the ice dispenser on the door.

Not renting the new house.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
I bought the large capacity, no agitator, top load LG washer and matching dryer last year and LOVE them. Four years earlier I had made the mistake of getting a front loader kenmore washer and dryer set. I was so excited about getting the front loader and ended up hating it. Had all the mold and smell issues other have reported. Couldn't wait to get rid of the front loader but had a hard time doing it after spending so much money on it. Finally bit the bullet last year and got the LG top loader. Don't hate doing laundry any more. Really love these macines. Did have one service call through warranty with LG and they sent someone from the Gulf Breeze area pretty quickly. If it's not under warranty I'm hoping there are repair people closer.

Last edited:
I bought the large capacity, no agitator, top load LG washer and matching dryer last year and LOVE them. Four years earlier I had made the mistake of getting a front loader kenmore washer and dryer set. I was so excited about getting the front loader and ended up hating it. Had all the mold and smell issues other have reported. Couldn't wait to get rid of the front loader but had a hard time doing it after spending so much money on it. Finally bit the bullet last year and got the LG top loader. Don't hate doing laundry any more. Really love these macines. Did have one service call through warranty with LG and they sent someone from the Gulf Breeze area pretty quickly. If it's not under warranty I'm hoping there are repair people closer.
Well, I certainly would like to save some money by buying a top loader. Your experience is very helpful info to me. Thanks.