1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Wasp Removal

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by beasmiester, Dec 10, 2014.

1. beasmiester

beasmiester Beach Lover

Can anyone suggest someone that can remove wasp nests and the creators of said domiciles from the eves of our residence? As is usually the case with these little buggers, they've nested at the highest reaches of the house and reaching them is beyond my ability and reach.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Have you tried discussing politics, religion or family issues, usually runs them right off after passive aggressive comments run out.

Seriously though, not sure, wait until it's cold and dark and hit 'em with water from a hose?

3. beasmiester

beasmiester Beach Lover

Unfortunately, the water hose like it's owner no longer possess the pressure to reach the necessary heights. But thanks for the suggestion.

4. JKBeach

JKBeach Beach Comber

You can buy bug spray that is made especially for wasp, etc. It sprays a long distance with quite a force. Then you run like the dickens. We had a 2 story house that had some at the highest point. I had to get on a 8 ft step ladder and spray. Quickly climb down while dying wasp were falling around me. Domicile was intact, but the residents were not.

5. m1a1mg

m1a1mg Beach Fanatic

Spray them with bug spray on a cold morning. You'll be safe. Make sure you find the spray that goes 20-25 feet. And get a mask for yourself. Wasps are very docile when they are cold. Just make sure you spray them before the sun reaches their nest.

6. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    You'll have to admit, this thread title is enticing, even to we wasps. LOL.

7. beasmiester

beasmiester Beach Lover

Never intended to cast dispersions on those within any group that I is a part of!