• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Ever been into some of the restrooms in SoWal, where the water comes out of the faucet so fast that it sprays the front of your clothes? I can think of several in Seaside. I think the local developments could save thousands of gallons of unnecessary water by installing simple water saver devices on the faucets of hand sinks. Last time I checked, the Water Dept gives them out for free, or they could purchase them from a home improvement store.

I also notice that the County doesn't seem to care too much about conserving water, as they should have replaced the leaky pipes in front of the SoWal Health Dept bldg, a long time ago. It has been wrapped in electrical tape for a long time, and it continuously has multiple drips at a high rate of flow.

There are so many simple things we can do which don't inconvenient our daily lives, yet will extend our natural resources greatly. What are some other potential water saving methods that we could implement in WalCo? :dunno:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
sprinklers could be programmed so that they don't come on in the rain; and they could be positioned so that they aren't forever watering the sidewalks or driveways or streets.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
sprinklers could be programmed so that they don't come on in the rain; and they could be positioned so that they aren't forever watering the sidewalks or driveways or streets.

Touche' goodwitch!

Your comment was converstion this week with friends and family.
We couldn't agree with you more............. :clap:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:wave:..I got a "nice" shower washing my hands last night in the Seaside ladies room. You had two choices on water flow...non existent and firehose.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Give fines for sprinklers constantly in use/watering pavement & road.

The amount of water we could save just by turning off or redirecting the sprinklers at the curve of 30A by Sally's alone.......

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
There is nothing like driving a convertible or a motorcycle down the road and getting sprayed with reclaimed water.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Heck, I worry about it coming in the open window.

Appreciate the daily windshield wash (and the humor of it coming from H20 properties) but would be willing to forgo it in favor of not wasting water :D.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Heck, I worry about it coming in the open window.

Appreciate the daily windshield wash (and the humor of it coming from H20 properties) but would be willing to forgo it in favor of not wasting water :D.

The only plants that need daily water are plants that live in water. Grrrrr...:angry: