• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

George

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
I currently own a home in WaterColor that I am considering renting. There are several options for management companies, including WaterColor and Sanders Beach Rentals. I am trying to gather information about the best way to proceed and the best companies in the area that will take care of our most basic needs: (1) marketing our home to draw as many renters as possible and (2) property maintaining our home and ensuring that damage is timely paid for by renters. WaterColor takes a bigger cut than Sanders, but I presume WaterColor likely gets good marketing exposure. I would love to hear thoughts from the message board regarding this topic.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
You should check into which amenities your renters can't use at Watercolor if you do not rent through them. I believe those not directly paid for by the HOA are exclued from use. This may also include the golf courses.

George

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Good point regarding the amenities. For the first responder, what are the reasons you would select WaterColor over Sanders?

Thanks

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Here is the way I would weigh the two:

Sanders
-Lower commission.
-No office for check in (kinda leaves the renter in a weird limbo)
-How do they handle house keeping, maintenance, check-ins, departure inspections, payment, etc.

WaterColor
-Higher commission
-Onsite office and 24 hour desk
-Onsite maintenance, housekeeping, will do almost anything the owner asks within reason
-Guest has full use of WaterColor and I think Water Sound amenities

I think as, tsutcli pointed out, is the amenities. This is what most people come to WaterColor come for and might think they are getting a deal going thru another company to rent there and then discover they do not have access to certain things they are used to. I know I would be one unhappy renter.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Totally agree with SWGB. As a renter the very things he listed that WC would offer, would be very important to me and would be willing to pay for them.

beachvacation

Beach Comber
Mar 28, 2007
If a renter is set on renting canoes, then yes, they should rent from WC. Otherwise, there is not a big difference in amenities offered by WC or any other third party company such as Sanders. Sanders guests have access to all pools, including the Beach Club. They also provide bikes for their guests (just as WC) using a local bike co. Guests can pay for tennis time in WC and for kayak rentals.

In my opinion, renting from third party companies in a resort community is not for everyone...just those wanting basically the same vacation at a better price.

Yahoodie

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2007
I currently own a home in WaterColor that I am considering renting. There are several options for management companies, including WaterColor and Sanders Beach Rentals. I am trying to gather information about the best way to proceed and the best companies in the area that will take care of our most basic needs: (1) marketing our home to draw as many renters as possible and (2) property maintaining our home and ensuring that damage is timely paid for by renters. WaterColor takes a bigger cut than Sanders, but I presume WaterColor likely gets good marketing exposure. I would love to hear thoughts from the message board regarding this topic.
Unless you live here and can check on your rental home at least weekly, it is probably better to go with the onsite management company. IMHO

Last edited:

karmand

Beach Crab
Mar 26, 2008
Grayson, GA
ALL amenities at WaterColor are available to everyone regardless of which management company handles it. I just took over renting my house on Park Row (I had used Sanders). For each rental I send a "Pool Policy Form" via email to WaterColor's HOA and they issue the BeachClub/Guest passes which the guest can pick up at the WaterColor Inn front desk or from the HOA office behind Publix on Hwy 395. They charge me five dollars per day and bill me on my quarterly assessments. Hope this info helps!

Karen
www.vrbo.com/138205
www.watercolorbeachhouse.com

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ALL amenities at WaterColor are available to everyone regardless of which management company handles it. I just took over renting my house on Park Row (I had used Sanders). For each rental I send a "Pool Policy Form" via email to WaterColor's HOA and they issue the BeachClub/Guest passes which the guest can pick up at the WaterColor Inn front desk or from the HOA office behind Publix on Hwy 395. They charge me five dollars per day and bill me on my quarterly assessments. Hope this info helps!

Karen
http://www.vrbo.com/138205
watercolorbeachhouse.com

:welcome:Karen - Your home is beautiful!!