• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
i looked at watersound west in 2009 and passed on buying there.I'm amazed how well its done. I think people are crazy paying $255-$270 a square foot as its a good 10-12 min walk to the beach. The houses are also very close together, But then again i can't believe people in watercolor phase 4 and natures walk around 1 1/2 to 2 miles to the beach are paying $220-$270 a square foot.All i know for those renting in those neighorhoods they better explain to the guest the distance to the beach or you'll get negative reviews on vrbo.But also aybe i'm just pissed i didn't buy then and flip it now.lol

mbo222

Beach Comber
Oct 23, 2009
We looked at WSWB in 2009 and bought. Needless to say we are quite happy. The walk to the beach is my favorite part, but it can absolutely be a trial of tears in the late summer. However, if the house has beach club access, then that is what can be used on those days! I dont think there is a better deal south of 30A with dedicated beach access. I would rec that if people are looking to build, to look at every builder and not just Joe packages. Some really good builders out there that give amazing quality for the money. That is assuming Joe will seel you a lot w/o a package these days....:wacko:

Last edited:

chicagosanfran

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2013
I just bought in WSWB and just like beach crab I could not be happier, I love the walk to ocean, and a quick bike ride to the beach club is great, I am so pleased to see that you (beach crab) are happy with the purchase.:clap:

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
chicago just curious what motivates someone to pay 150-200k more than could have bought for 2 yrs ago?Its like the stockmarket. nobody would touch hewlett packard stock at $11 about 5 months ago and now all want to buy at $23. its human nature not to buy when things are bad and to get caught up in euphoria when things rise. now your purchase could easily rise 40% in the yrs to come.

chicago just curious what motivates someone to pay 150-200k more than could have bought for 2 yrs ago?Its like the stockmarket. nobody would touch hewlett packard stock at $11 about 5 months ago and now all want to buy at $23. its human nature not to buy when things are bad and to get caught up in euphoria when things rise. now your purchase could easily rise 40% in the yrs to come.
It wasn't very appealing when it was a ghost town. But after seeing home construction booming and seeing the quality of the model homes, it easy to see why people are buying there now. The walking paths are really enjoyable and it's gated (which is a nice amenity). I know people who live in Seagrove and go to WSW to walk instead of on the bike path.

chicagosanfran

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2013
Well from my perspective it is a bargain, in Cali you cant touch a beach with acces

From my perspective it is a bargain, no beaches in CALI are affordable, and the people on 30a I greatly enjoy, I am not really interested in the Atlantic side, so this is a perfect fit for me and I am not really a flipper, I plan on a long stay at WSWB. :D

I heard that one of the three districts in Watersound West has sold out.

We always loved biking to Deer Lake State Park walkover on our visits to Seagrove. This weekend we biked down the beautiful Watersound West beach walkover that crosses Deer Lake. Saw an eagle up in a tree with a fish in its talons. Beautiful water lilies in bloom. Outflow of Deer Lake at the beach was amazing.

chicagosanfran

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2013
I heard that one of the three districts in Watersound West has sold out.

We always loved biking to Deer Lake State Park walkover on our visits to Seagrove. This weekend we biked down the beautiful Watersound West beach walkover that crosses Deer Lake. Saw an eagle up in a tree with a fish in its talons. Beautiful water lilies in bloom. Outflow of Deer Lake at the beach was amazing.

You are right, the cottage district is sold out.