• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
we are thinking of coming down in early to mid november - what is the weather and or crowd situation at that time?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
:welcome:

http://graytonbeach.com/weather.html
November and December are becoming more and more popular for vacationers in SoWal. With less activity right around Christmas. The snowbirds have arrived and things are moving slower. Some of the most amazing days happen during these months. It is the time of our brief Fall, with the much-anticipated cold fronts sweeping in. Most days temps are in the 50s & 60s, with quite a few (sometimes a week more or less) of spectacular 70 degree, low humidity, clear-air days. The water temps become to cool for most to enjoy. The Tourist Development Council?s marketing efforts are bringing more and more people to the area in the fall and winter months. You?ll have to wait for a table at The Red Bar on any night of the year.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I've come to the area 2 years in a row in early November and have had wonderful weather both times (maybe I was lucky but the weather was easily in the 70s). I plan to come back with friends again this year and hope I have the same weather when my friends join me.

I also came to the cottages one week between Christmas and New Years in 2004 and the weather was very nice -- high 60's to low 70s but I don't know if that could be expected. We're going to be back at the same time this year, but we'll be ready for the kids to wear bathing suits (as they did last time we were here) or heavier jackets. In either case, we'll visit the beach to build sand castles, play soccer, and read in the sun -- and we'll go to the Red Bar (but we get there early in the evening to get seats more easily).

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
thanks everyone for the info ! we have been coming down in late april/early may for the past several years, are thinking of visiting twice next year and thought november might be a good time.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Paula said:
I've come to the area 2 years in a row in early November and have had wonderful weather both times (maybe I was lucky but the weather was easily in the 70s). I plan to come back with friends again this year and hope I have the same weather when my friends join me.

I also came to the cottages one week between Christmas and New Years in 2004 and the weather was very nice -- high 60's to low 70s but I don't know if that could be expected. We're going to be back at the same time this year, but we'll be ready for the kids to wear bathing suits (as they did last time we were here) or heavier jackets. In either case, we'll visit the beach to build sand castles, play soccer, and read in the sun -- and we'll go to the Red Bar (but we get there early in the evening to get seats more easily).

Maybe global warming ain't all bad. :dunno:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
kurt said:
:
You?ll have to wait for a table at The Red Bar on any night of the year.

We've gone to the Red Bar many times in the winter on a weekday and never have had to wait for a table then. Of course, they get you in and out so fast that you're done eating before the band starts setting up. I've been there when only about 5 tables were full.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
We've had the same experience as Camp Creek Kid. We've never been there long enough to hear the band, though we've never felt rushed. We just eat early and then go back to the beach or our porch. We time our visits to the Red Bar to avoid crowds because that's our preference -- and so far we've always been successful at getting a table when we get there.