• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Noticed an odd trend on another thread (Top 10 things about SoWallers) and it gave me inspiration for this one.

I love half popped popcorn kernels. :drool: Anybody else have any love of weird food by products?

i.e. The pieces of an omelet that get up on the side of the frying pan and are real thin and crisp.

The over cooked, but not burned cheese on a cookie sheet after cooking a pizza.

The little bits of batter that float in a fryer/frying pan. I know that Captain D's actually sells these, but can't for the life of me remember what they are called.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Are you my long lost brother? Love all of the above, except for the omelet part. I'm not much on eggs. The popcorn kernels especially if they're a little burned are to die for!! And those little batter pieces.....yum!!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Noticed an odd trend on another thread (Top 10 things about SoWallers) and it gave me inspiration for this one.

I love half popped popcorn kernels. :drool: Anybody else have any love of weird food by products?

i.e. The pieces of an omelet that get up on the side of the frying pan and are real thin and crisp.

The little bits of batter that float in a fryer/frying pan. I know that Captain D's actually sells these, but can't for the life of me remember what they are called.

We call them crispies.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Are you my long lost brother? Love all of the above, except for the omelet part. I'm not much on eggs. The popcorn kernels especially if they're a little burned are to die for!! And those little batter pieces.....yum!!

We are definitely an odd bunch. :wacko:

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now

mmmmmm.............
pudding skin:dunno:

beachyteachy

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2005
You know you can actually order full packs of half popped popcorn. They're on the 'net and called Half-Pops. My hubby got some for me for our anniversary...inside joke gag gift but it was greatly appreciated!!!! They come in different flavors too....original, butter, white cheese. Mmmmm!