• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Too many water sports and too little brain matter. I washed my last phone, hence the saturation and ceasation of use and after getting this new one, it succumbed to the waters of Western Lake while playing with my kiddies.

I am kinda wondering if someone has an old Altel phone not in use that I could transfer to. I have the option of getting another new one, but $...

If anyone uses Alltel, from what I understand, I can transfer my existing service to it.

Thanks.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
Too many water sports and too little brain matter. I washed my last phone, hence the saturation and ceasation of use and after getting this new one, it succumbed to the waters of Western Lake while playing with my kiddies.

I am kinda wondering if someone has an old Altel phone not in use that I could transfer to. I have the option of getting another new one, but $...

If anyone uses Alltel, from what I understand, I can transfer my existing service to it.

Thanks.

Good luck...it certainly doesn't hurt to ask. I have a few phones laying around here. ( we don't have alltel in Ohio)

After my daughter's screen broke after 35 days we ended up purchasing the monthly insurance.:angry: It would have cost me a lot more to buy a new phone.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider

Thanks.

I don't know if you've tried it, but sometimes a bag of rice in a ziplock with your phone for a few days can bring them back to life..........:dunno:

barefootguy

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
My father-in-law has a habit of falling in the pool with his cell phone. The nice folks at Alltel recommended he save some money by buying an Alltel phone at Walmart instead of from them.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
The famous phone in the shirt pocket while fishing is another way to ruin a phone. Bend over to collect the catch and bloop....bye bye phone.

nathanthebanker

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2007
yeah, just go to walmart and buy a cheap one. You can call customer service and activate it in the parking lot. I had to do that and it only cost me $30.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Wow, 30 bucks. I can do that. I was just in Destin at Wal-Mart buying a new phone yesterday, which also got wet. I need something to take pics of my kids on their visit, so it was a necessity. I will do that with Wal-Mart. I did not realize that was something that Wal-Mart handled. BTW, my kids and I have had such an unbelievable time during their visit. They love the dune lakes, the clarity of the water, the bike paths and Watercolor and Seaside exploration. My daughter is a little apprechensive of the trails, but that may be due to all of my snake stories :) Thanks for the input everyone. I will head to Wal-Mart, possibly tomorrow.

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
Wow, 30 bucks. I can do that. I was just in Destin at Wal-Mart buying a new phone yesterday, which also got wet. I need something to take pics of my kids on their visit, so it was a necessity. I will do that with Wal-Mart. I did not realize that was something that Wal-Mart handled. BTW, my kids and I have had such an unbelievable time during their visit. They love the dune lakes, the clarity of the water, the bike paths and Watercolor and Seaside exploration. My daughter is a little apprechensive of the trails, but that may be due to all of my snake stories :) Thanks for the input everyone. I will head to Wal-Mart, possibly tomorrow.

Glad you're having fun with the kiddos!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Some will dry out and work fine. My personal reccomendation would be to get the insurance on the phone. They usually charge a deductible, but that's much better than extending your contract to dooms day or paying "retail". :yikes:

Oh try ebay too.

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Thanks. I ended up getting a new one from Wal-Mart and having it activated for under 30 bucks. And no, my new phone is not comprised of two styrofoam cups connected by a string. Thanks to Wal-Mart I got off okay. I always marvel on how people cut down Wal-Mart for their business practices. It would be one thing if they got a monopoly and then raised prices, but heck, they sure help me out. Thanks for the suggestion though that Wal-Mart provided this service. It would have cost over 100 dollars at Alltel.