• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
If one mitigates existing wetlands on a land parcel, SoWal 30A area, what are the rules governing density restriction[units/acre]????? Thanks!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Bob said:
If one mitigates existing wetlands on a land parcel, SoWal 30A area, what are the rules governing density restriction[units/acre]????? Thanks!!
In order to answer questions regarding mitigation, there are many other questions to be answered first. However, density is first determined by zoning. To determine the current zoning and maximum densities, you can so so online if you know what you are doing, or, you can request a Land Use Determination through the Walton Co. Planning Dept.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Thanks Smiling Joe, The 1 plus acre parcel I looked at is within walking distance to the beach, but very,very low and wet. Lower than even the Realtor that listed it.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Bob said:
Thanks Smiling Joe, The 1 plus acre parcel I looked at is within walking distance to the beach, but very,very low and wet. Lower than even the Realtor that listed it.

:lolabove:

We have one in particular, that when you see his name, you know it's wet. And he is low.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Kurt, I know there is a factory somewhere churning these folks out. I drove 926 miles this weekend to view a river valley leading to one of the coastal lakes. Fortunately, even though Charlton Heston is/was my president, there was no weapon handy to take care of this vermin. Oh well, the beach was beautiful as usual. Can you spell due diligence? I think I can now.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Bob said:
Kurt, I know there is a factory somewhere churning these folks out. I drove 926 miles this weekend to view a river valley leading to one of the coastal lakes. Fortunately, even though Charlton Heston is/was my president, there was no weapon handy to take care of this vermin. Oh well, the beach was beautiful as usual. Can you spell due diligence? I think I can now.
There is nothing like 926 miles worth of due diligence.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
That would have ticked me off too Bob. What is the purpose of that? Do they think you wont notice? Disclose it, if somebody wants to deal with mitigation, they'll look. If they don't, they'll only get ticked off. Just like the "panoramic views" that you have to hang off the balcony to see. Why not just say a "glimse" or a "sliver". I've seen mediocre gulfview homes listed as gulffront just so that it pulls up on a gulffront search. If I want gulfview, I'll search for it. Don't make me waste my clients time driving out there.