• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Maystrong

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2009
Seacrest
After vactioning here several times, my husband & I have taken the plunge, sold our house in Tenn and become residents of 30A in Seacrest! With nothing happening in Nashville in the employment arena, we're going to try our hand at a couple of small businesses down here. I have to say this is the most welcoming and gracious community we have ever seen. After living in the same zip code for 25 years, being the "new kid on the block" is a little daunting, but everyone we meet makes it easier & easier!
Our family also consists of an 18 yr old son...he's a little apprehensive and is actually missing 2-a-days from football. Says he's going back to TN in the fall to start college, but I'm so hoping he can find something to do, make some new friends and never want to leave the beach....there's colleges down here too! We have a 10 yr old daughter, sad to leave her friends, but excited about a new life here, she too is looking for friends, activities, etc. & I'm sure she'll do just fine! She's such a social butterfly. Rounding out our family are our 2 malte-tzus, Lucy & Looie. Lucy is about to pop any day now with pups! Anyone out there who wants to offer assistance on the big day, please let us know, we "don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies"!
Would love to hear from any of you locals who want to share local secrets of 30A. We want to be involved, productive members of the business and social communities and look forward to making lots of new, life long friendships!
:chill:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Welcome Beasette and enjoy your lovely new community!! Cheers!!

totaljen

Beach Lover
May 29, 2008
Blue Mountain Beach
Welcome, Welcome! My husband and I were in the same boat last year (as far as planning on taking the plunge). Some things changed in our lives that prevented us from doing it then ... but we have plans to make it happen this year, and so far things are on track for that plunge to actually happen. It's encouraging to hear your story! We've always felt like it would be easy to meet people and get involved in the local community. Glad to hear you're settling in! And good luck with those pups! ... sadly, I can't offer any assistance in that arena!

Yarmap

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Northeast Alabama
:welcome:

Your going to enjoy it so much you might have to hire extra people to help you enjoy it all.:wave:

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
:wave: Great post! CONGRATS!!!

We are new too - coming from LA - my dh's folks all come from TN though!

Hope you have a great transition.

Gidget :D

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
You're an inspiration for sure!!! I don't live in SoWal, but I know your lives will all be full and your son will never want to return after a summer on the beach. Good for you!!! And good luck with the labor and delivery--someone will surely offer to assist. :wave: