• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sally Saltzman

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2021
Santa Rosa Beach
Mr. Farmer please contact me I would like 5 to 20 wooded or partially wooded acres with pond/lake view and maybe frontage. I am very quiet and want to grow my own food and live in peace.

Katie_lied

Beach Lover
May 26, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
I find it hysterical that a resident of Edgewood Terrace, a trailer park community, would be upset about an RV park. We have plenty of RV parks in south Walton and the majority of them are nice places. Also, Edgewood Terrace is surrounded by a 10 foot wide trench that's is 5-6 feet deep for drainage. Moll Dr. currently doesn't have any residents on it until they build an apartment complex.
Wow, Matt, I usually have a lot of respect for your opinions. So the residents (interpreting as trailer trash) here don’t have the right to be concerned for their property investments. Edgewood is NOT a trailer park. It’s a manufactured home community with permanent residents. The homes are permanently affixed on the property. The HOA only permits long term rentals. The neighborhood is populated with professionals, such as engineers, mental health providers, retired federal workers. My husband is a retired urban planner, I am a retired attorney. As such, we don’t have a weekly changeover as the RV park would have required if it had been approved. Moll Drive has churches with affiliated schools and a large community park. I guess maybe because we didn’t spend exorbitant property prices we shouldn’t expect to have a voice at the table (although like everyplace else our property values are appreciating by leaps and bounds).

Katie_lied

Beach Lover
May 26, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
Thanks. Do you know if there was going to be a buffer between Edgewood Terrace and the camp ground? And was this basically be located between the golf cart place and the church?
Not much buffer, not enough to quell the noise and lights. We, alongside the SWCC, worked with the RV people for nearly a year and never had one concession offered from them.

Last edited:

Katie_lied

Beach Lover
May 26, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
Well I sympathize with NIMBY and if your home backs up to it then there is cause for concern, but devastated is way over the top. A devastated subdivision would be burned or razed to the ground.

An RV Park is not a trailer park full of meth heads. Probably retirees and campers who hopefully will respect each other and our community.

Devastated? - see my recent post on Peach Creek. Killing our ecosystem is devastating.
I feel for the concern about Peach Creek, I am capable of multitasking.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Wow, Matt, I usually have a lot of respect for your opinions. So the residents (interpreting as trailer trash) here don’t have the right to be concerned for their property investments. Edgewood is NOT a trailer park. It’s a manufactured home community with permanent residents. The homes are permanently affixed on the property. The HOA only permits long term rentals. The neighborhood is populated with professionals, such as engineers, mental health providers, retired federal workers. My husband is a retired urban planner, I am a retired attorney. As such, we don’t have a weekly changeover as the RV park would have required if it had been approved. Moll Drive has churches with affiliated schools and a large community park. I guess maybe because we didn’t spend exorbitant property prices we shouldn’t expect to have a voice at the table (although like everyplace else our property values are appreciating by leaps and bounds).
Rephrase it all you want. I'm very familiar with the community as we attempted to purchase there several years ago. However, during our purchase it was discovered that the trailer we were looking at was not up to code and in fact had been installed below code originally. That is why most of the purchases have been cash, you simply can't finance something that's not to code.

For the record you added things like trailer trash and no say in matters. I'd think a former attorney would be more careful with their words.

Katie_lied

Beach Lover
May 26, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
Rephrase it all you want. I'm very familiar with the community as we attempted to purchase there several years ago. However, during our purchase it was discovered that the trailer we were looking at was not up to code and in fact had been installed below code originally. That is why most of the purchases have been cash, you simply can't finance something that's not to code.

For the record you added things like trailer trash and no say in matters. I'd think a former attorney would be more careful with their words.
We had no problem getting financing from a bank for our MANUFACTURED HOME. Sorry you had a bad experience. It’s nice to live within walking distance to Gulf Place. Why are you so adamant about spot rezoning to allow for a commercial RV park in the middle of what is clearly an established neighborhood community? And may I add a “historic” community by SoWal standards. Rumor has it that St. Rita’s is interested in expanding on that property.

“I find it hysterical that a resident of Edgewood Terrace, a trailer park community, would be upset about an RV park.“ Why not? Why should we have less concern about what goes in next door than say a resident of Grayton Beach? Snarky assumptions don’t look good on someone who professes to be such a liberal progressive in the SoWal Lounge. BTW, we seem to be in agreement about politics.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I wish we had leaders who cared more about our environment than business. Yes there has to be a balance, but in such an amazing area with incredible natural resources that should be our focus. And besides we are killing the goose that laid the golden egg.