• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CiaoBella

Beach Lover
Apr 20, 2005
We all love So Wal but what in your opinion is lacking? A food delivery service, horseback riding, etc. What do you really wish would locate in the area?

CiaoBella

Beach Lover
Apr 20, 2005
I ask because our family comes to So Wal at least every other week. We sometimes stay overnight and when we do we ponder what the area lacks despite the growth surge of recent years. Also, I have a friend in So Wal who followed her dream of opening a business. She has done so well. I would love to do something similar. We always want to ride horses on the beach but nothing is close by.

CiaoBella

Beach Lover
Apr 20, 2005
what a good question. why do you ask? I'm going to think about this for a while and will get back.

you mention horseback riding - I would love to have a convenient place for the kid to take lessons!
I ask because our family comes to So Wal at least every other week. We sometimes stay overnight and when we do we ponder what the area lacks despite the growth surge of recent years. Also, I have a friend in So Wal who followed her dream of opening a business. She has done so well. I would love to do something similar. We always want to ride horses on the beach but nothing is close by.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
a place to get your oil changed, wind shield wipers installed, other similar services for vehicles. Something like the SuperLube's in Tallahassee.

I'd like a marina on the bay near the 331 bridge. The lack of boating opportunities here is surprising to me, considering all of the water surrounding the area. In comparison, when we were looking at property in the Perdido Key area, many people would go to dinner via boat. That seemed pretty cool to me, although in general we didn't like the area (too many beachfront condos instead of homes, a beachfront four-lane highway, too many tacky chain restaurants).

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
I'd like a marina on the bay near the 331 bridge. The lack of boating opportunities here is surprising to me, considering all of the water surrounding the area. In comparison, when we were looking at property in the Perdido Key area, many people would go to dinner via boat. That seemed pretty cool to me, although in general we didn't like the area (too many beachfront condos instead of homes, a beachfront four-lane highway, too many tacky chain restaurants).

Alas, the bay is really too shallow there to support a marina - it would take major dredging to make that happen!

Last edited:

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
I wish we had more waterfront dining/bars - we love B&A, it seems like there should be more places to order a beer and look out at the water!

I also second the oil change vote.