• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jerome

Beach Comber
Feb 5, 2009
What is going on with this development? There is absolutely nobody there most of the time. Supposedly most of the units are owned, suprisingly by a decent handful of individuals, in part thanks to the auction. But I wondering why did they buy- to reflip, b/c it appears the complex's likelihood to be a rental machine just isn't there- along with the people. I would like to think the purchasers actually planned to use, occasionally rent, hell maybe live in their units! So far it does not appear that way. I would say it feels more like a great place to hide from the law than to have a drink with a fellow vacationer. I mean it is deserted. I feel so bad for the maintenance dude there, who's got to combat the loneliness of low to no boat shuttling and the stimuli of nil. But I bet he can meditate a hell of alot better than me!
The units are pretty nice (gas fireplace!) and the place is so fresh and so clean :D. I wondering where the $2,000-$3000+ monthly assessments are coming from, or if they are coming at all. Is their any management and/or is the developer still connected to it? The lake views and occasional slight glimmer of what is conceived as beach views I think are permissible at best. But they kind of leave you wanting more; just stand taller or wear heels.
It is never too late to crossdress-remember J. Edgar Hoover!

It seems like a cross in livability/design between a condo and a huff bros. concept. The almost 1800 sqft ones can almost fool you into thinking it might be a home. But does anybody have the real skinny on this mysterious place, other than it's a good development (w/ some obvious drawbacks), built at the wrong time. Is it doomed to respeculators respaculating and dappling and ascending into the heavens of glorious respeculationism; all the while why not paying their HOA dues. Or does this place have a future? How much risk could potentially be incurred to be a condo owner there?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The views from Sanctuary at Redfish are awesome, and not everyone likes to sit in the hot sun on the beach, but still may enjoy looking at the Lake and the Gulf. The shuttle boat will take people to the beach as they want. Great pool, too. I'm not a fan of the impact this and other developments will have on the Lake, but this project was sold no differently than any other.

jerome

Beach Comber
Feb 5, 2009
views

The views from Sanctuary at Redfish are awesome, and not everyone likes to sit in the hot sun on the beach, but still may enjoy looking at the Lake and the Gulf. The shuttle boat will take people to the beach as they want. Great pool, too. I'm not a fan of the impact this and other developments will have on the Lake, but this project was sold no differently than any other.

I was on the 2nd floor and I can't say the views were too hot, lakewise or beachwise. The third floor may be where it's at- for 300,000-400,000 more. I heard about the hassle of trying to get the beach. Some have said the boat shuttling is quite an ordeal.
I've had others tell me you can access the beach through a boardwalk that connects to The Preserve's? Are we breaking a law yet? Most importantly, what is the financial situation of the development and their HOA? Oh...and did I ask where in the the hell are the people at?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The people must be in any other development, like Sanctuary by the Sea, Lakeplace at Grayton, Preserve at Grayton, yada, yada, yada. Most every new development is empty.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
the gate next to the santuary is only for the preserve and is a private deeded walkway. the preserve homeowners assocation maintains that walkway.walking from redifsh then down that long walkway is one heck of a walk anyway. better to take the boat.

jerome

Beach Comber
Feb 5, 2009
huh

the gate next to the santuary is only for the preserve and is a private deeded walkway. the preserve homeowners assocation maintains that walkway.walking from redifsh then down that long walkway is one heck of a walk anyway. better to take the boat.

ok, hmmmmm...... 64 or is it 65 units, one pontoon boat. Can't feasibly walk to the beach. Man, this sounds like a logistical winner. I guess it should be listed as "beach access that can and may be provided excluding when such conditions may and have or in the near foreseeable future will not or do occcur." Then start the two page disclaimer.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
Its still easier to get to the beach than cypress dunes. the easiest way is driving 1/2 a mile to the blue mountain public access. also if you could use the preserves walkway i'd say the walk to the beach is a good 1/2-3/4 mile and there are no public bathrooms to use.

jerome

Beach Comber
Feb 5, 2009
thank you

Its still easier to get to the beach than cypress dunes. the easiest way is driving 1/2 a mile to the blue mountain public access. also if you could use the preserves walkway i'd say the walk to the beach is a good 1/2-3/4 mile and there are no public bathrooms to use.

Wow. Very revealing. You mean it is like 1/4-1/2 of a mile before you get to the Preserve's/Sanctuary's gate. Of course that depends on where you're at in the Redfish complex. I parked at the Preserve's fitness center and walked the Preserve's boardwalk. The length is not that bad to beachside, kind of alluring in a botanical sense. But I've yet to traverse the distance from S.@ Redfish to the water. I figure I'll bring one of those surveyor' measuring wheels to get the facts. Might even take the ole' pontoon for a spin under a timewatch. SUCH FACTS MUST BE KNOWN. Lastly, no public restrooms means restrooms everywhere.

Kinda like Watersound West. To get from the pool to the beach is a brisk 6-minute walk. In the hot sun with the humidity from the swamps underneath the walkover, you are talking a major workout just to get to the beach in the summer.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
The majority of these places were built as profit machines (where function served no purpose)--then the economy tossed a monkey wrench into the works.

Last edited: