• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Other than going to the beach, shopping and eating, what are things you like, or want, to do when you go to the beach?

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Merman and I enjoy socializing with our SoWal friends. That's what has turned a simple beach vacation into a perfect beach reunion, every time we visit. :love:

And a bit of kayaking and bicycling doesn't hurt, either, especially when we come down in the "cooler" seasons. I'm just waiting for everyone to discover what we've discovered: that SoWal is even better when it's not the months of June, July, and August. I particularly love October at the beach--water still warm enough to swim in, but the high heat and humidity has disapated and it's lovely being outdoors all day and evening.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Visiting with friends I've made in SoWal, meeting new people, reading anywhere (porch, coffee shop, couch, beach), bike riding (as of this next trip).

I try to do one-two new things every time I'm there. I'd like to explore more (parks, Eden Gardens, the different communities, the library) because even though it's only 18 miles or so on SoWal, I've only seen a tiny bit of it so far. I think I'll spend this next trip walking/biking Alys Beach - Rosemary Beach area to get to know it better.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Smiling JOe said:
Other than going to the beach, shopping and eating, what are things you like, or want, to do when you go to the beach?
Always listening to music! Wherever we can find it. :clap_1: Dancing is good!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
steele mama said:
Always listening to music! Wherever we can find it. :clap_1: Dancing is good!

I find a dance partner where ever I am!!!! You'll be next!

Mermaid has let the kat out of the bag!!! April has been mythical! Here is a list of sowallers I have met in person...since last October!

gttbm, Smiling JOe
gttbd aka futurebeachbum, scrltbegonya
Mermaid, M/M T-bone
Merman, Bettis
jfunn, M/M seagrover aka sparklegrover
steeleing1, Catfish and Bubba
grayton kid, Borago steeleing (#?)
M/M olive, Gypsea
M/M chickpea, Cap'n Crazy...and yes he is that crazy!!!!
JohnR, whiteyfunn, Beach Runner

And of course my Texgent....destindreamin, mr.dd, CastlesofSand and family, Rita and DTinTexas (both here and in Dallas!!!)

The power of SoWal.com is evident....look at all my new friends!!!

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Sueshore said:

Mermaid has let the kat out of the bag!!! April has been mythical! Here is a list of sowallers I have met in person...since last October!

gttbm Smiling JOe
gttbd aka futurebeachbum scrltbegonya
Mermaid M/M T-bone
Merman Bettis
jfunn M/M seagrover aka sparklegrover
steeleing1 Catfish and Bubba
grayton kid Borago steeleing (#?)
M/M olive Gypsea
M/M chickpea Cap'n Crazy...and yes he is that crazy!!!!
JohnR whiteyfunn

And of course my Texgent....destindreamin, mr.dd, CastlesofSand and family, Rita and DTinTexas (both here and in Dallas!!!)

What, Miss Kitty? No mention of kayak partners wherever you go? :rotfl:

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Sueshore said:

gttbm Smiling JOe
gttbd aka futurebeachbum scrltbegonya
Mermaid M/M T-bone
Merman Bettis
jfunn M/M seagrover aka sparklegrover
steeleing1 Catfish and Bubba
grayton kid Borago steeleing (#?)
M/M olive Gypsea
M/M chickpea Cap'n Crazy...and yes he is that crazy!!!!
JohnR whiteyfunn

Oh yea, I met scarletbgona at the Red Bar yesterday! Also got to see SJ which is always a treat. So sorry we didn't get to meet up MK. I'll be back in two weeks for Steeleing2's college graduation! :clap_1:

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
We all :love: you too Miss Kitty!!!! That's an impressive list you've got there!!! :clap_1:

We like to explore new areas when we are in SoWal. We just take off walking or drive to a certain area, park and walk around (we love to look at the houses). We would love to visit some of the parks on our next trip and I would love to try this kayak thing out (I think). My husband thinks we should take a boat out on the bay side, cruise around and watch the sun set from a different perspective. And I would like to either bring our bikes or rent so we can cruise along 30-A...... but most of the time we are ON THE BEACH!!!! :D

I would love to meet some SoWal buds next time we are there, if anyone is around. That would just make it even better!!!

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Mostly walk the beach, build sandcastles, sit on the balcony and just take it all in.

We also check out the artists and antique shops, watch Seaside's summer plays, catch some bands ....

:sosad: Now I want to be there even more!