• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Mermaid said:
Merman and I enjoy socializing with our SoWal friends. That's what has turned a simple beach vacation into a perfect beach reunion, every time we visit. :love:
Oh, Mermaid, I agree with this one! Honestly, going to the beach is so much different now; I feel less and less like a tourist thanks to my SoWal friends.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
peapod1980 said:
Oh, Mermaid, I agree with this one! Honestly, going to the beach is so much different now; I feel less and less like a tourist thanks to my SoWal friends.

And then there's poor jfunn. She goes up to the bar, just wanting a beer and someone asks if she is jessifunn!!!! Kimmi has her pic up in her tar! One of the funn's gullfriend was asking about sowal.com this weekend. She said..."oh, that's what that sticker is...I just put it on my car because it was cute!" We will now shame her to join in the funn!

jessifunn

superJfunn
Jul 7, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Sueshore said:
And then there's poor jfunn. She goes up to the bar, just wanting a beer and someone asks if she is jessifunn!!!! Kimmi has her pic up in her tar! One of the funn's gullfriend was asking about sowal.com this weekend. She said..."oh, that's what that sticker is...I just put it on my car because it was cute!" We will now shame her to join in the funn!
booyah kitty

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I like to wake up early, walk on the beach before most are up yet, look for shells at low tide.
And the best... listen to the waves while falling asleep each night.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Make sand drip castles (or some call them sand doo doo castles)...very relaxing to sit there and let the wet sand drip through your fingers...wow, I'm chilling out just thinking about it!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
I get up early and walk the beach early in the morning looking for shells. Try to sit on the beach around 9:00 a.m. under our umbrella for about 30 minutes. All we can tolerate with the flies bothering us. Also like sitting on the deck after dark watching the stars and listening to the pleasant sounds of the waves. During the day, we like to go into PC Beach and go on a guided waverunner tour bayside and rent scooters, hit all the beach stores, especially Alvins Island and Shipwreck Ltd.! We also enjoyed going to Econfina Creek and taking a canoe trip.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jdarg said:
Make sand drip castles (or some call them sand doo doo castles)...very relaxing to sit there and let the wet sand drip through your fingers...wow, I'm chilling out just thinking about it!

Oh YES!!! I remember seeing people do this and when I showed my kiddos how to do it....it was like magic!!! We made many beautiful castles over the years with huge forests!!!