• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I need some new suggestions. Mr. dd invited his oldest daughter and boyfriend for dinner. I've been painting for two days. Gimme some ideas--I'm too tired to think.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
:rotfl::rotfl:DD, you have a man being roasted by turkeys in your siggy line and you're asking what's for dinner. :funn:

May I suggest take out if he isn't ready by the time they arrive.

Last edited:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
You made my day! :rotfl:
Just do some takeout. You have so many choices in TX., or get some chopped meat and sauce and make some meataballs with some pasta and a nice loaf of italian bread. The meatballs can slow cook and all Mr. DD has to do is stir the pot everyone once in while.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Get a pre cooked chicken, a bag of salad, french bread and make some rice or steamed red potatoes or yellow squash? Don't forget frozen Blackberry Cobbler and ice cream. ;-) Think I'll do this myself.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
You made my day! :rotfl:
Just do some takeout. You have so many choices in TX., or get some chopped meat and sauce and make some meataballs with some pasta and a nice loaf of italian bread. The meatballs can slow cook and all Mr. DD has to do is stir the pot everyone once in while.

Ooooooh.....not so simple, my little friend. 1. mr. dd's playing golf. 2. he hates pasta. (He's not right)

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
did i say i just used Zatarain's mix then added the meat with broth. Then just add french bread and a salad.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
What about grilling something easy...salmon or steaks. Add some stir fry or raosted vegetables. That is one of my quick meals. Add some yummy brownies with ice cream for desssert....good for a couple extra pounds:lol:

It is not too much funn to cook when you are tired.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
Ok...here's what I came up with while talking with Kitty and sitting in the store parking lot..

Teriyaki pork tenderloin (I can just throw it in the oven)
Buttternut squash casserole (cleaning out the fridge)
Potatoes au gratin (in the oven too)
Sweet peas (cleaning out the freezer)
Pineapple Ice Box Pie

Sounds like a lot, but it's really pretty simple stuff. Off to cook now, but keep the ideas coming....there's always tomorrow!!

IWIWT and cp: Sounds delish!!