• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Duchess

Beach Lover
Sep 11, 2005
Blue Mountain Beach/Reynoldstown
Yesterday (Monday the 20th) was an absolutely be-yoo-tiful
day on the beach at Blue Mountain. Loved it! Couldn't help but notice, however, that some workers were on the beach in front
of the Retreat measuring and putting up some poles. Long skinny ones that almost looked like ski poles or ski gates. The
men didn't have any surveying equipment, but it did look like they might be putting up a fence of some sort, believe it or not. Also, there was one Walton County Sheriff vehicle and one or two Walton County TDC vehicles on the beach as well. A Deputy and a TDC employee were apparently asking some folks on the beach to move closer to the water. We weren't bothered, but had been spoken to by a private security guard this past Saturday. Just politely told the guy we weren't moving, and he said he couldn't force us to, just doing his job reminding us we were on private property.

SHEESH! Anyone have any more info? I'm back home now;
everyone down there enjoy the PERFECT weather!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe they are caging in all the people inside The Retreat.

I guess they hope to pester people into leaving an otherwise empty beach.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Maybe they are caging in all the people inside The Retreat.

I guess they hope to pester people into leaving an otherwise empty beach.

Sounds like they are fencing in the riff raff to me. :roll: Oh, to be SO special.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
There is rarely ever anyone in front of The Retreat~~~~~~why ruin a such a beautiful view with a fence? Oh well~~~~~~~~~