• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dragonflycafe

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2009
Hi guys! My family and I usually come to 30a in the summer, but this year we are coming durning Thanksgiving week.

Are stores/restaurants/activities available or do they usually shut down that week? We generally hang out in the Alys-Rosemary corridor on a daily basis, but travel to Seaside quite a bit. We were hoping we would be able to rent the bikes and enjoy the cooler weather, play on the beach, dine out and relax.

I see that average temps are in the high 60s to mid 70s that time of year. By chance do any of you know if any of the pools in the area are heated, as that would help us determine where to stay.

Any and all info is greatly appreciated!

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
Count on everything being open & happening. It's one of the busiest, liveliest weeks of the year, besides spring break & the height of the summer season.

The weather's usually great; November's weather makes for one of the nicest months of the year IMO. Warm days, cool nights, the Gulf water's usually still warm enough for a good swim.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
The perfect time of year to visit!!! The weather is mild and just beautiful that time of year. November is the new October. Some folks say October is the perfect time of year but I think that is changing. October gorgeous but still quite warm. November starts to cool down but not cold by any means - seems like its in mid-70s on average.

Believe it or not, it is very busy during Thanksgiving week! Not 4th of July busy but still hopping.

Many pools are heated. Check with your rental agency.

Last edited:
Last year there was Thanksgiving Dinner at Watercolor Inn, Stinky's, Fire, and Marie's. I'm sure there were others, but that's all I remember. Just do a search on Sowal for Thanksgiving for more info.

Don't come to SoWal from September to February. It's just awful. Just kidding. It's the best time. But some of us like to keep it a secret so we can have it all to ourselves.

There are plenty of heated pools. Just go to VRBO.com and search for homes with heated pools.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Does anyone know of places that will carry out thanksgiving dinner for a party of 13.... Strange question i know ; 0 )

See Marie's Bistro in Blue Mountain Beach - they have been talking up their Thanksgiving take out, and eat in.
http://sowal.com/bb/showthread.php/64149-Do-you-Have-your-Thanksgiving-Plans-yet

Also, check in Dining Forum for more information as the holiday grows near. Lots of restaurants will be announcing Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
http://sowal.com/bb/forumdisplay.php/14-Dining-and-Food

Groovegirls

Beach Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
Does anyone know of places that will carry out thanksgiving dinner for a party of 13.... Strange question i know ; 0 )

Check Don Pedros. I know they have done this in previous years and it was delicious! 850-267-0009.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Fish out of water is open on thanksgiving for lunch buffet and dinner.

Although I think we are going for option B - picking up a pre cooked turkey from Publix unless you guys fill me in on a east end restaurant that offers carry out thanksgiving meals!