• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What's the best vehicle for beach fun?

• Total voters

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Nothing official. But there are real 4-wheel drives and there are pretenders.

A few years ago, you never saw a vehicle without rust or mismatched paint job. Now it's mostly $30,000+ trucks and SUVs. :shock:

You should add a 4th option: Keep your vehicle on the road. Many people don't like it. Not saying I'm one of them, but I hear it from time to time.

Oldtimer

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
Mississippi Bound
Kurt, can you post a picture of our truck? The one with the covered seating area on the bed? I know I've seen a couple on this site before.

Our family has had "beach buggies" since the 1940's. That's what we still call the truck---beach buggy. In the early 50's my cousins had an old "woody wagon" with the side doors removed, probably no windows except for the windshield, and large under inflated tires . We would ride the dunes high and low (when that was legal, like walking your dog used to be).

Over the years we've tried many kinds of vehicles, some 4WD and some not. Needless to say, we've got some very funny and sad stories about getting stuck in the non-4WD vehicles. We don't drive the $30,000+ trucks, but we do insist on 4WD now and (knock on wood) have avoided being stuck for years. We have always modified our vehicle exclusively for beach runs and made it suitable as a people mover, along with transporting coolers, chairs, umbrellas, etc. Every version has improved modifications. We have places to hang chairs, spots for trash cans and coolers. Makes for an intersesting ride!

I'm leaving after work today to spend the weekend. Big family Christmas party. Can't wait!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
DSC_3410.jpg

GraytonBound

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
The Nooga
Oldtimer said:
I'm leaving after work today to spend the weekend. Big family Christmas party. Can't wait!

Looks like you'll have pretty good weather, too. We've had flooding & threat of tornados in Nooga today :roll: When you get back be sure to tell us how great it was...complete with photos. Have fun! :D

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama