• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Grecian Restaurant on 30A.....has been there forever....we never hear anything about this place :dunno: ....does anyone know anything about it please??

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Re: what's the deal with this place??

I've asked the same question before...:dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

I've never eaten there and never heard of one person eating there, nor have I seen any cars in the parking lot, other than the owner, who also lives in the building. I guess he doesn't need to make money, and he has owned the property for quite some time. He also owns the Gyro wrap place in Mystic Porte (north of Grayton). I have no idea how he keeps that place operating as he probably averages less than twenty covers at lunch and even less at dinner. I've eaten at the Gyro place twice, in five years. The last time was very recently, and I was reminded why I don't eat there. It is a cute place, but the food was very blah in my opinion. I don't like to pay $10 for a very blah pita wrap.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

We ate there when they first opened 7 or 8 years ago. I don't believe they are worried about being under the radar.

BambooBay

Beach Lover
Apr 9, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
www.30A.com
My wife and I ate there about 3 months ago. We were the only diners in the entire ~45 minutes we were there. I almost felt like we'd startled the little old lady when we walked in. I also almost got the impression that she lives there (true or not, I have no clue).

After she got over her brief moment of utter shock, she turned on some lights and music. This was about 12:30pm or so, presumably at the peak lunch hour. (We would have left, but she seemed nice, and we didn't want to insult the poor woman.)

To make a long story short (too late), the food and ambience was pretty bad. The lady was nice (she served as hostess, waitress, cook and cashier), but that alone obviously doesn't cut it.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
wow! this is even more mysterious sounding than I imagined!!
now I am really curious!! thanks for the responses so far....
surely someone out there knows more:blink: about this....

Sarah Moss

Beach Lover
Apr 5, 2006
Black Creek
My wife and I ate there about 3 months ago. We were the only diners in the entire ~45 minutes we were there. I almost felt like we'd startled the little old lady when we walked in. I also almost got the impression that she lives there (true or not, I have no clue).

After she got over her brief moment of utter shock, she turned on some lights and music. This was about 12:30pm or so, presumably at the peak lunch hour. (We would have left, but she seemed nice, and we didn't want to insult the poor woman.)

To make a long story short (too late), the food and ambience was pretty bad. The lady was nice (she served as hostess, waitress, cook and cashier), but that alone obviously doesn't cut it.

This is almost an exact repeat of my experience there, except it was at dinner a few years ago. There was one woman who did everything (took order, cooked, etc). When we got there it appeared as though she was closing, but she sat us anyway. This was a long time ago, but I recall it being very small, but nice inside and I had an odd feeling because we were the only ones there and felt like were keeping her up (it was probably 9pm or so). I really don't remember the food or her turning on music, but I do remember hearing everything that was going on in the kitchen and it involved a microwave. The prices were low for dinner. I wish I could remember more. I hope someone else can add a full report!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Snerd, you may be the reason for Grecian Gardens closing for dinner. She didn't like being kept awake by customers. :funn:

Again, the two owners seem very nice, but I wouldn't go so far to call it a restaurant. Think about the turnover of the inventory of ingredients. It must take forever to go through there groceries, so I know the food cannot be too fresh.

Last edited: