• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cali

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2007
Here
I have had it with the corner market Buddy's near Rosemary. It is useless, disgusting, embrassing and a complete mess! Why do we have such a piece of crap place in such a beautiful community??????

What can we do about this? Anyone?:dunno:

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Their broken air machine ate my quarters. :bang:
Anyway the lot was so gross :eek: I didn't bother going inside to complain. :puke:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I can not stand this place....:angry:

I was hoping that while the front of the store was on fire (because of a whole pig being roasted on the premisis got out of hand) that the whole place would burn down.

It is an eyesore for sure. I drive to Tom Thumb in Bay County for all my gas station needs even though "Cruddy's" is 1 minute from my house.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Is the place in question the old Jr Food Store at 98/30A ??

Not sure what could be done (this is a free country), just wanted to know what we were talking about.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL

Not sure what could be done (this is a free country), just wanted to know what we were talking about.
Exactly..that place has been there alot longer than any of the developments in that area and short of buying and burning it yourself, I dont think alot can be done about it. But hey ...would probably be cheaper to do today than it would have been 3-4 years ago.

sunny456

Beach Lover
Aug 25, 2005
Call code enforcement. Phone: 850-622-0000
We are supposed to have scenic corridor requirements along 98.

did they really roast a pig there???? Who thought that was a good idea? Sounds like we lost out on a great Darwin award.

I've complained to code enforcement in the past, but not since the fire. Will put that on my to-do list for next week.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I think what keeps it afloat is all the builder trades passing through all stop in there to buy snacks and such on their way to/from jobsites. Definitely a rathole, but a convenient one.
If I owned it, I would probably think twice about fixing it up right now as too many people stopping there are "not as conscientious about their surroundings" (PC way of saying slob) :D and the amount of trash just dropped everywhere is pretty bad. Maybe once more of the area buildout is finished, it will get fixed up and the locals will feel more compelled to go there.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La

Yes, it is the old Jr. Food Store. SN, I know wanting it to have burn down is harsh but that place just looks bad....I bet it rakes in the money though...:D

Call code enforcement. Phone: 850-622-0000
We are supposed to have scenic corridor requirements along 98.

did they really roast a pig there???? Who thought that was a good idea? Sounds like we lost out on a great Darwin award.

I've complained to code enforcement in the past, but not since the fire. Will put that on my to-do list for next week.
Yes, pig roast. There was a guy selling food out front from a cart for a while. I guess his operation became to "hot" to handle...

Oh come on, it has character. At least Buddy is paying his taxes which is more than can be said for that moldering bankrupt community next door
Character is right. I bet a $100 Punzy would not even walk in that store. I know I cringe when I do and I am a Rebel flag loving redneck! :lol: