What's up with Buddy's

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Cali, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Cali

Cali Beach Lover

I have had it with the corner market Buddy's near Rosemary. It is useless, disgusting, embrassing and a complete mess! Why do we have such a piece of crap place in such a beautiful community??????

What can we do about this? Anyone?:dunno:

2. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

You can buy it and fix it up .................... or you can get over it.

3. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Beach Fanatic

Their broken air machine ate my quarters. :bang:
    Anyway the lot was so gross :eek: I didn't bother going inside to complain. :puke:

4. InletBchDweller

InletBchDweller SoWal Insider

I can not stand this place....:angry:

I was hoping that while the front of the store was on fire (because of a whole pig being roasted on the premisis got out of hand) that the whole place would burn down.

It is an eyesore for sure. I drive to Tom Thumb in Bay County for all my gas station needs even though "Cruddy's" is 1 minute from my house.

5. ShallowsNole

ShallowsNole Beach Fanatic

Is the place in question the old Jr Food Store at 98/30A ??

Not sure what could be done (this is a free country), just wanted to know what we were talking about.

6. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

Exactly..that place has been there alot longer than any of the developments in that area and short of buying and burning it yourself, I dont think alot can be done about it. But hey ...would probably be cheaper to do today than it would have been 3-4 years ago.

7. sunny456

sunny456 Beach Lover

Call code enforcement. Phone: 850-622-0000
    We are supposed to have scenic corridor requirements along 98.

did they really roast a pig there???? Who thought that was a good idea? Sounds like we lost out on a great Darwin award.

I've complained to code enforcement in the past, but not since the fire. Will put that on my to-do list for next week.

8. 30A Skunkape

30A Skunkape Mr. Small Box

Oh come on, it has character. At least Buddy is paying his taxes which is more than can be said for that moldering bankrupt community next door:lol:

9. ASH

ASH Beach Fanatic

I think what keeps it afloat is all the builder trades passing through all stop in there to buy snacks and such on their way to/from jobsites. Definitely a rathole, but a convenient one.
    If I owned it, I would probably think twice about fixing it up right now as too many people stopping there are "not as conscientious about their surroundings" (PC way of saying slob) :D and the amount of trash just dropped everywhere is pretty bad. Maybe once more of the area buildout is finished, it will get fixed up and the locals will feel more compelled to go there.

10. InletBchDweller

Yes, it is the old Jr. Food Store. SN, I know wanting it to have burn down is harsh but that place just looks bad....I bet it rakes in the money though...:D

Yes, pig roast. There was a guy selling food out front from a cart for a while. I guess his operation became to "hot" to handle...

Character is right. I bet a $100 Punzy would not even walk in that store. I know I cringe when I do and I am a Rebel flag loving redneck! :lol:

11. 30A Skunkape

Hold on to your Confederate dollars there, she happens to know that she can score a Sunday New York Times there long after the early birds snatch them at the more fru-fru spots on 30A.:lol:

12. InletBchDweller

oh snap! you got me! :floor: I figured that if she left the Black Angus so quick then she would not set a foot into this place. The New York Times must be a powerful paper...:D

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  13. 30A Skunkape

They orchestrate the liberal conspiracy to keep right thinking southerners down.:bang::wave:

14. hnooe

hnooe Beach Fanatic

The worst part about this Buddy's is walking through the metal commercial front door that is now boaded up with plywood.

Imagine working in a convenience store and not being able to see who just walked in, until they are already in the store!

Is the place really for sale? How much?

15. Hop

Hop Beach Fanatic

seems like a potential goldmine with that location....only rippymart close enough for the rosemary...watersound...camp creek crowd to grab anything quickly. I imagine most people now drive to seagrove to avoid it!

16. Cali

Cali Beach Lover

I knew someone out there had a good idea. Thank you Sunny456. I will also call the code enforcement department to make a complaint. You can see the violations from just looking at it. God know what's going on inside.:confused:

17. John R

John R needs to get out more

there must be more important things to worry about. have none of you bought gas there?

18. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I didn't realize that roasting a pig on a property adjacent to Hwy 98 was against code. You might want to point out the ordinance to the BBQ place, located on Hwy 98 in the Sandestin area.

And you people said that SoWal doesn't have character. You just have to go outside of Rosemary to find it. ;-)

Remember that book written by Huxley, Brave New World, in which he was pointing out the problems with Utopia? Buddy's gives us reminders that we don't live in Utopia, and that we need to learn to appreciate the balance, and recognize that not everyone is the same. It's like shopping at Kelly's, in Freeport. Shopping there makes one realize just how nice it is to shop at Publix.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  19. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

:floor:Does no one else find this hilarious? I mean I personally find more than 3 stuccoed white with brown trim homes in a 50' area to be offensive, I also find that more than 50 businesses in a 1/4 mile area that are ALL painted teal,taupe&tan to be offensive ....but that is the code. Would it be ok if they painted it the above mentioned colors? Maybe a little stucco would make it more acceptable? :dunno:But hey.. they need to put some miles on those new F-150s and burn a few more gallons of gas at our expense...so go ahead and call them. Please post any thing they can do about those violations. The only one I can think of would be packing TOO MUCH crap in a small area. But that pretty much describes ALL of NWFL these days.

20. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Beach Fanatic

No. I seriously don't trust it. The paint colors have nothing to do with it and not the fact that it is old, either. And roasting a pig is fine with me. It's the filth. There is old and funky with country charm and then there is just plain old filth. :shock: