• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachbob

Beach Comber
Apr 29, 2007
Beach Lover very well said. I am not blaming The Realtors,and if that is being perceived then let me apologize right now. I don't claim to be a very bright . But it is my point that that many Realtors need to pass on properties they don't feel are realistic and hold to these prices. Otherwise south Walton will be like the man I saw on the TV the other night buying property for ten cents on the dollar.
What exactly are you smoking?

jimmyp5

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove
" .... unethical for selling at a price you knew it not to be worth ..." !!

C'mon, 2b, do you honestly think that Realtors have that kind of control over buyers' & sellers' decisions? Can't you give buyers & sellers a little more credit than that?

"A property's worth what someone will pay for it" is a very simple, but not simplistic, truism.

jimmyp5

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove
2B, what does this mean? ..... "many Realtors need to pass on properties they don't feel are realistic and hold to these prices"

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
are ya gonna set on me like the pedigree feller because I can't rightly spell.What I wuz a tryen to say is don't drop prices. You as a realtor know the market. If you get a little wormmy feller asken unrealistic prices just pass. Cause when you start droppen them prices it hurts everybody.:D

beachbob

Beach Comber
Apr 29, 2007
if you really believe that prices of real estate shouldn't change over time, why don't you offer your house for the price you paid for it plus any costs of upgrades?

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
I knew ya ll were going going to swarm me like a bunch of nats in a soybean patch. Well I wont be bothering you much longer I usually fish every day but I got a little remodeling going and thought I would see how the other feller thought about this stuff. I will be like the soldier at West Point,I'll just fade away as soon as this remodeling is done. God knows I need to get back to fishing everyday.:roll:

see ya...

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
Bob yur a seten on me like one of them opry women.:sosad:

Last edited:

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
So look at the little feller in his worm bed tryen to jump in and say something smart,all bent over like you were that gere feller

Last edited:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Bobby,

Just a comment here... Not complaining about the real estate profession in general, but while the market now is indeed slow compared to 2003, it would be hard to find any sympathy for the struggle to make a sale now considering four years ago you Realtors didn't have to lift a finger for sales. That was when the rush was on, there were bidding wars and no sooner would I call an agent's sign I was told that property already had a contract.

Lots of you guys are now millionaires because of that rush. If things are slow now, give it time. Markets are cyclical. Hope you made your money back in 2003 to see you through the lean times.

Eli

Eli,
Please read over other threads to understand what my position is. I am grateful for what the market was and where it is today. I understand the cyclical nature of Real Estate and feel that when it makes it turn we will have a very stable market here in SoWAl. This is not the first time I have seen it happen here. I just take offense when someone bashes an occupation they know nothing about. It may look like we do nothing but many of us work very hard for the money we make. Even in the period where we did not "lift" a finger... I am also grateful that period has passed. What I love most about Real Estate is it is constantly changing. I searched years to find an occupation that is this dynamic and rewarding. If I ever had a client that felt I "baited and switched", I would hope they would tell me. Once again, Goofer summarizes my feelings on this market.