• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jimmyp5

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove
It is my belief this type of behavior is artificially driving the prices down because the Realtor has forgotten his fiduciary responsibility to his client and in return is looking out for good old number one.

Any fool can give a diamond away,but a jeweler Will get what it's worth.

2b, I take my duty to my sellers quite seriously, thank you. Lately, I've spent a good deal of my time first trying to get owners not to list property, given that we have so much inventory and so many "bottom-fishing" buyers out there.

But if they want, or need, to sell .... well, then a property's worth what someone will pay. This old adage really is true, for most of the universe -- but apparently not for you, since no one in this thread has gotten you to come off your feeling that we Realtors are artificially driving prices down, so that we can simply line our own pockets.

As BobbyJ used to say here, before he got fed up, if someone HAS to sell in the near term -- and some people do, like it or not -- then even the most skilled "jeweler" is going to have a hard time getting more that the thing is actually worth.

Why do you take such rabid exception to this?

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
2b, I take my duty to my sellers quite seriously, thank you. Lately, I've spent a good deal of my time first trying to get owners not to list property, given that we have so much inventory and so many "bottom-fishing" buyers out there.

But if they want, or need, to sell .... well, then a property's worth what someone will pay. This old adage really is true, for most of the universe -- but apparently not for you, since no one in this thread has gotten you to come off your feeling that we Realtors are artificially driving prices down, so that we can simply line our own pockets.

As BobbyJ used to say here, before he got fed up, if someone HAS to sell in the near term -- and some people do, like it or not -- then even the most skilled "jeweler" is going to have a hard time getting more that the thing is actually worth.

Why do you take such rabid exception to this?

Dear Jimmy,

I see your point even though you think I don't. And yes I realize that not all Realtors are shrieking their fiduciary responsibilities.

Even though I have on many occasions said that this is nothing more than a argument that I am posing. I am sorry if some are taking it personal. If you don't conduct business like this then disregard. But if you do then I would say that this is not the way to go about to make a buck.

I am comforted by the statement that you made that you advise some of your homeowners that if they do not need to sell to hold off because this does artificially depress an already depressed market which is what I have tried to advised many to do.

Thank you for your insightful comments.

Please note that I realize this is a Realtors message board and many sellers and buyers read these messages. I am trying to speak for those who up until now have not had a voice and that is the homeowner.

Out of all the comments on this board I have heard very few Realtors take up for homeowners. Note I said very few not all.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Dear Jimmy,

I see your point even though you think I don't. And yes I realize that not all Realtors are shrieking their fiduciary responsibilities.

Even though I have on many occasions said that this is nothing more than a argument that I am posing. I am sorry if some are taking it personal. If you don't conduct business like this then disregard. But if you do then I would say that this is not the way to go about to make a buck....

I must chime in here, and point out that most Realtors in this area are not representing their customers as a ficuciary. You might want to look that word up along with some other FL real estate terms, like Single Agent, Transaction Broker, No Brokerage, and Dual Agency (dual agency is illegal in the state of FL). Even your very own Realtors for your Red Bay property do not represent you as a fiduciary.

So, before saying that "Realtors are shrieking their fiduciary responsibilities," doesn't make much sense, since most of them are representing sellers as Transaction Brokers, in order to be able to have other agents within their company show their listings. ;-)

I believe they teach this in Real Estate 101. ;-)

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Plenty of homeowners, buyers, and sellers have been posting and interacting on this board for a long time before Mr. Fabian appeared on the scene.:roll:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Dear Mr. 2b,

Thank you for your post. I have a question for you. Do you think you have made your point and it is time to move on? I look forward to your comments.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Dear Mr. 2b,

Thank you for your post. I have a question for you. Do you think you have made your point and it is time to move on? I look forward to your comments.

Miss K. The horse is dead!
beat-dead-horse.gif

I'm waiting for some tangenticization ................. pretty please.:D

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
since when did the realtor become the apraiser?
I never said that I was an appraiser

It is my belief this type of behavior is artificially driving the prices down because the Realtor has forgotten his fiduciary responsibility to his client and in return is looking out for good old number one.

I do hope future home owners read these sites to see if the Realtor they think they want is that type of Realtor.

You are in sales so do your job and quit trying to make an easy buck for you and try in some way to look out for your client.

Any fool can give a diamond away,but a jeweler Will get what it's worth.
:roll: :roll: good grief, I am tired of defending myself to you. I know how I am as an agent and I know how my clients feel about me. So I dont care what you think....

I am quite satisfied with my present Realtor. Thank you for your condescending remarks and you have a nice day.

I hope you don't mind that I corrected your spelling mistakes.
Oh and speaking of spelling mistakes, APPRAISER.....:D LOL!;-)