• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
Is it just me or do you feel your realtor is selling you a pile of g___

Last edited:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Hey 2b--stop complaining and go get yourself a real estate license!

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Is it just me or do you feel your realtor is selling you a pile of g___

You still refuse to answer the question... What do sellers do that have to sell now? Not all agents just take listings and then try to reduce the property after no bites. If you would really like to know the real process of selling, you should get a license so you can see how difficult it really is in a market like this. You seem content in just randomly bashing agents but do not seem to have a clue on what we are really going through.

It seems this reply will work on this post as well as your last post.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'm curious as to how you think other seller's Realtors are "selling them a pile of g____." Could you explain why you think this? Now if you are refering to your own Realtor, wouldn't you be better off having a conversation with him or her regarding this matter? Otherwise, you are no more the answer to this "problem" than the cause.

Eli

Beach Comber
Apr 29, 2007
Bobby,

Just a comment here... Not complaining about the real estate profession in general, but while the market now is indeed slow compared to 2003, it would be hard to find any sympathy for the struggle to make a sale now considering four years ago you realtors didn't have to lift a finger for sales. That was when the rush was on, there were bidding wars and no sooner would I call an agent's sign I was told that property already had a contract.

Lots of you guys are now millionares because of that rush. If things are slow now, give it time. Markets are cyclical. Hope you made your money back in 2003 to see you through the lean times.

Eli

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
You still refuse to answer the question... What do sellers do that have to sell now? Not all agents just take listings and then try to reduce the property after no bites. If you would really like to know the real process of selling, you should get a license so you can see how difficult it really is in a market like this. You seem content in just randomly bashing agents but do not seem to have a clue on what we are really going through.

It seems this reply will work on this post as well as your last post.
First and foremost this is for me to in some what get an education on whether I am missing the boat or is it maybe many can not understand like my self how anyone could sell real estate for a price and then two or three years later come back to Mr. and Mrs. homeowner and say guess what you know that property I sold you way back when well it was over priced then by $150,000,but don't sweat it we need you to take it on the cheek for the home team. Heck no sell it always for what its worth,where were those standards then?Did anyone say to the buyer then beware you could get caught in the out house with this one.No,They thought then it was worth something.and for the record I agree that they did not take advantage of anyone but sold the property then for what it was worth. Forward a couple of years and here we have what many are calling a suppressed market. I think it is a little bit more complicated than that and people are holding in a pattern to buy for nothing. How many Realtors have you heard say hold on and you will pick it up on the court house steps for 20 cents on the dollar. My point is you tell the home owner the truth. If their in that kind of trouble then go to an auction but for God sakes don't bring everyones property down by depressing the prices artificially. Earthier that or many of you were unethical for selling at a price you knew it not to be worth. You can't have your cake and eat it too. All I am looking for is feed back from sellers on how they feel they have been treated in this so called suppressed market. People know the prices are going to change and thats why they are trying to hold on. Question?Is this not the nicest place in the U.S to Buy?If the answerer is no then find another job besides a Realtor in this area.:bang:

Last edited:

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
2b

I have a hard time following your posts....alot of typos. But from what I gather you think the realtors are to blame when buyers were paying high prices. You think it was their responsibility to inform the buyers that prices were inflated. How would the realtors have any idea what prices would be like 3-4 years down the road? The market dictates what property is worth, not the realtors !!! Markets ebb and flow....prices fluctuate whether it be stocks or real property. No one has a crystal ball !!! In my opinion, prices are at a good level now to buy real estate along 30-A but what the hell do I know ? :dunno: Prices could go down another 30% before things are truly a bargain. What would happen to the price of all assets ( except gold and oil ) if the Islamic terrorists were successful in their quest to blow up the oil fields in Saudi Arabia? Or if God forbid a nuclear device ever exploded in any major city in the US ? :eek: We live in very uncertain times. To blame realtors, who after all are just the agents of transactions, is like blaming your stock broker when you lose money. The ultimate responsibility is yours !! No one holds a gun to your head and forces you to fork over your dough !!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
fabian, you are too much. :rotfl:I'm growing tired of reading your inaccuracies, though they are outrageous enough to make a good book of ramdom nonsense.

Last edited:

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
Beach Lover very well said. I am not blaming The Realtors,and if that is being perceived then let me apologize right now. I don't claim to be a very bright . But it is my point that that many Realtors need to pass on properties they don't feel are realistic and hold to these prices. Otherwise south Walton will be like the man I saw on the TV the other night buying property for ten cents on the dollar.

Last edited:

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
I knew ya ll were going going to swarm me like a bunch of nats in a soybean patch. Well I wont be bothering you much longer I usually fish every day but I got a little remodeling going and thought I would see how the other feller thought about this stuff. I will be like the soldier at West Point,I'll just fade away as soon as this remodeling is done. God knows I need to get back to fishing everyday.:roll:

Last edited: