• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
It was a beautiful day yesterday but did all the spring breakers and their families bring their dogs? I have never seen so many dogs and unleashed ones too on our beach before. One lady had several! Where is the Sheriff's patrol when you need them? At times it was difficult to walk so we wouldn't get jumped on or chased and that's not how I want to spend my afternoon!

Last edited:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Oh yes and one lady remarked that she DID have a leash for her dog, "See" she said. I told her the leash was supposed to be on her dog and not her!!! Where do these people come from?

SouthernBelle

Beach Comber
Oct 5, 2011
SoWal
We saw several with glass beer bottles on the beach. I just hope those kids picked them up when they left. We was wondering where the beach patrol was too.

andy4394

Beach Crab
Mar 15, 2012
This infuriates me. I live in Walton County and I have a dog. She loves to go to the beach, but in order to do so we have to purchase a permit (that must be renewed every year), there are only certain times that we can enjoy the beach with our dog (before 8 a.m and after 4 p.m), and we have always complied with this rule. I wish the sheriff's patrol would enforce these rules, so as not to ruin it for the folks that abide by the law!! Oh, and you cannot get a 'temporary' permit, you MUST be a resident of Walton County to even be eligible to get one!! So, all you vacationers, you are NOT allowed to have your dog on the beach!!

Scooter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA; New Orleans, LA
I miss the old days in Grayton when all the dogs roamed the beach. When I would vacation there, Badger Breaux always met me at 7:00 a.m. to walk the beach with me. He was so adorable. I will be vacationing in Grayton in June and bringing my dogs, but will keep to the streets of Grayton to walk them.

dollgirlmimi

Beach Lover
Jan 25, 2009
That is true.I live @ walton county for many years. I have to buy the permit, and guess what I never went to the beach because their crazy hours. Vacationers should not take dogs to the beach.