• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Greetings:
Does anyone know when the various spring breaks begin and end? I'm starting to get inquiries for spring vacations and don't quite know when the "peak" spring season is versus the non-peak spring dates are. It all depends on when the people from the southern schools have vacations.
Thanks much.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Wow, thanks. There sure are a lot of university students on break! I'm actually looking for elementary, middle, and high school breaks for the south since our cottage cater to families (and we rarely get college spring breakers).

Are the weeks of April 17 or Easter week official elementary/middle/high school spring break weeks (we've had some requests for those weeks already)?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Too soon and not soon enough.

Seriously though the college kids have found sowal. Either they vacationed here growing up or mommy and daddy have a house that isn't rented.

Spring break for elementary, middle, and high schools are spread out over about a month period, but there are always exceptions. Those sound like pretty traditional spring break weeks and are usually the heaviest.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Wow, thanks. There sure are a lot of university students on break! I'm actually looking for elementary, middle, and high school breaks for the south since our cottage cater to families (and we rarely get college spring breakers).

Are the weeks of April 17 or Easter week official elementary/middle/high school spring break weeks (we've had some requests for those weeks already)?

For Memphis area schools, K-12, its the week of March 14.

heddy

Beach Comber
Jul 16, 2009
I am a teacher in Illinois. We are coming down for Spring Break March 20 - 26. How is the water during this time (temperature wise)? We have stayed during the summer and done Spring break in southern Florida but never spring break in South Walton. I'm hoping the water is warm enough to swim. I'm pretty hardy and don't mind if it's a little chilly.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Don't hold your breath, it's currently anywhere from 57-60 degrees and that's as of today. Unfortunately the water doesn't really start warming up until June. Of course if you're used to fairly cold water such as the Atlantic then you should be fine. Most of the locals get a little spoiled with the 80 degrees we're used to during the height of summer.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
College spring break is going to be two really busy weeks, the last week in February and the first week in March, then we'll move into K-12 spring break.