• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
WMBB, Ch 13 out of Panama City continues their investigative story regarding what is being served when you order Grouper at area restaurants (panama city and panama city beach). This is the third time they are doing this. They go to the restaurants, order Grouper, then take the "so called Grouper" back and send it to a lab for DNA testing. The majority of restaurants which they tested in the past have FAILED. Tonight, at 6pm and 10pm central, they will be running their latest findings. I'm guessing that they will post the results on www.wmbb.com after the story airs.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Does cooking Grouper change it's DNA?

I know some restaraunts are rediculously bad about just using white fish for everything. I know one of the last local beach clubs has a dumpster out front and there's nothing but frozen white fish fillet boxes in it. For some reason people walk right past it and never seem to notice. Of course if you can walk past the dumpster of a seafood restaraunt and not notice it, maybe fine cuisine isn't your thing. :funn:

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
I know one of the last local beach clubs has a dumpster out front and there's nothing but frozen white fish fillet boxes in it. For some reason people walk right past it and never seem to notice. Of course if you can walk past the dumpster of a seafood restaraunt and not notice it, maybe fine cuisine isn't your thing. :funn:
I think if you're walking past a dumpster to enter any kind of restaurant, fine cuisine isn't your thing.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Mr. Mouse has had a number of students over the years who pay the rent by working in the local restaurant biz. Some of them will talk and name names of places that don't particularly hide the fact it's all Vietnamese catfish.

I'll pass along names to my parents and say that those places don't really give you what you order, but my parents go back anyways. The restaurants are in a great location, and for them the location is often more important than the food.