• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mrs.rocket

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2007
I need enoki mushrooms and dried kelp for a Korean recipe I've been dying to try. Where can I buy this stuff?

Roadroo

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2007
Seagrove
I need enoki mushrooms and dried kelp for a Korean recipe I've been dying to try. Where can I buy this stuff?

For the enoki, like S.J said; see Ed at For the Health of It in B.M.B. He might be able to help you source the kelp as well. If that it a no go, try an asian market in P.C or F.W.B. Maybe Fresh Market in Destin??

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
For Asian specialty markets, there's a surprisingly big Asian population in FWB (lots of military brides) I can think of of Asian food stores on Racetrack Rd., Beal Pkwy, just off Mary Esther Cutoff (it's the same turn off as Bob's Bikes) and I think Lewis Turner.

I think the Thai place on Racetrack is the biggest of them.

mrs.rocket

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2007
...and, you can always substitute.

The mushrooms or the kelp, and with what? I could do dried seaweed instead of kelp I guess, but are enoki nutty or woody mushrooms and what is a comparable substitute?

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
The Asian grocery on Racetrack in FWB has EVERYTHING.

Sandy Pants

Beach Comber
Dec 13, 2007
For the health of it is your best local source for the kelp... and the enoki are sold all over the place including publix. (When in season)The Thai market in FWB is cool, but their fresh produce is well... lacking at best and down right stinky sometimes.